Allianz National Football League 2024

As an aside does Brolly have an ounce of credibility left. Its like that time when Ray Darcy pledged to leave the country if Enda Kenny became Taoiseach. Now Kenny didnt cover himself in glory unlike Harte but that other clown didnt follow through on his promise and neither has Brolly. Joanne was fully justified to show him the road imo.

2 Likes

Lane has to be worst example of all . Never gave dubs one free in Kerry half in replay in 2019, not one !! Gave rob henelly a second shot at a free v mayo in 2021 for a reason nobody knows . Fcuked Dublin yesterday with a peno yesterday and Fenton red card .

He is so smart that he knows we are all watching for the summer. 4D chess.

Cluxton spooks the opposition.

I’d say Con and the lads knew they were beat walking up to hit their penalties yesterday.

1 Like

True-they never looked right all day really.

Cluxton has the psychological edge for sure but technically he is ridiculous on kickouts. Has no requirement for the tee- can change his mind with a swing of the hips last second and land it in front of a lad to run onto…or straight into his chest…always one or the other. Not easy to do with those balls off the deck and he seems to need absolutely no backlift. 2 steps max- bang. Pity he doesnt outwardly enjoy it more though- he is the face of the team.

I don’t think there will ever be a keeper on his level. I’d love to see what ge would do with those lighter Prem soccer balls…he should do a year LOI or something. Would be so interesting.

1 Like

The game itself was pulsating edge of the seat stuff. I cant recall a match like it. High scoring but some great defending too. Football when its played like that is an incredible spectacle. Mayo brought a lot of that manic all out fervour to their games with Dublin and could and should have got over the line a couple of times. They probably had it in numerous positions in the back line but didnt have that star quality beyond number 7. Derry do though and that open brand of football is probably only way to beat Dublin rather than the ultra conservative approach.
Hopefully Derry and Dublin can keep on opposite sides of the draw.

6 Likes

Cluxton’s tee is meant to be modelled on an ashtray.

He never fancied the cone or brush yokes.

1 Like

What he is doing in those clutch situations when theres the full court press is just ridiculous. I’d say playing out in the soccer scenario is actually way easier in the sense loss of posession isn’t as bad as you are dealing in goals.

1 Like

The free that cluxton got to win an all ireland at the very last…i think he got it for charging?
It was so corrupt I’d say he thinks of it every time he looks at his not as shiny as they would have been otherwise medals…

The ashtray kicking tee buys him a few seconds too as he can just slap the ball down on it and it will sit perfectly while other lads try to balance it on a cone or those brush yokes.

1 Like

So the free was corrupt but you can’t actually remember what it was given for . Good man.

He is actually using it at times and I dont see it Idsay. Its that quick.

1 Like

Only the referee could know. Maybe he got it for being tackled? What do ypu think it was for. Rte were too embarrassed to mention it.

You’ve lost me now.

What do you think it was for?

Is it 2011 u are talking about? Lot of all ireland wins to pick from.

I don’t care if they’re not playing as well as previous, I would be shocked if Cluxton, Gannon, McCarthy, McCaffrey & Costello at least will feature when it really matters. Maybe Fitzsimons won’t be but it wouldn’t be a surprise if he is.

That’s potentially a third of your starting team. And Mannion presumably starts aswell, maybe Paddy Small too. And all that strengthens your bench as a result. Will Fenton & Con ever be as ineffectual in Championship?

Dublin are still strong favourites for the All Ireland, Derry would need to massively improve on that performance to beat them in Championship. I’d love to see them do it and maybe they do have it in them, but I wouldn’t be putting money on it.

1 Like

You’d have to think for starters Cluxton is a major upgrade on Comerford as is Fitzsimons on Cian Murphy who was ropey enough yesterday but grew into it a small bit. McCarthy might be utilised in a holding midfielder role and Fenton might be more comfortable with him there as opposed to Lahiff. Derry midfield bullied Dublin yesterday. Might also mean they are less open at the back and allow Fenton push on. You’d have to think either McCaffrey or Gannon is an upgrade on Bugler too even at this stage. Macmahon corner back was impressive enough I thought. Think the forward unit is where there will be major surgery. Maybe only Basquel, Kilkenny and Con the definite starters. O Gara impressed me yesterday and could feature heavily.

1 Like

We’ll see.

Don’t stop now mate. You have them all rattled. I’m pretty sure i saw a photo of lane in a taxi with niall scully and they were facetiming jack o connor

3 Likes