Allianz National Hurling League 2023

Offaly would be a grand job for Davy and Davy would be a grand job for Offaly.

Not Waterford.

1 Like

Davey and Duignan together in the same room would be box office

There are only so many times that backs can ‘bomb forward’ without the plan backfiring. You would also think it might be better to have natural scorers getting the major scoring chances. I seem to remember from that Tipperary-Wexford game Diarmuid O’Keeffe being in a position where a goal would have been on if DO’K had a natural forward’s instinct.

2 Likes

If you’ve natural hurlers in the half back line that can strike the ball cleanly, accurately, read breaks and field ball…I don’t see so many advantages to ‘bombing on’ either.

‘Bombing on’ is nearly code for our half forward line can’t win their own ball, so we have to run everything.

A team with a light half forward line should focus on movement and quality of delivery.

For all this Davy cracking hurling in 19’, they couldn’t beat a 14 man Tipp team, who were at the end, and they’d loads of time. They couldn’t because their tactics/players weren’t sustainable/good enough.

I’d like to see someone like Eamon O’Shea involved with Wexford/Waterford, both have forwards he could really work with, fluid but within a structure.

3 Likes

Waterford scored two goals from play in the league, both against Laois.

3 Likes

Cork at home to KK on Saturday evening and Limerick v Tipp Sunday afternoon according to this article in the examiner

Saturday 25th March - 7:15pm, Cork v Kilkenny, Allianz HL Semi-final,TG4

Sunday 26th March - 1pm, Allianz HL Semi-final, Division 1, TG4

It also has this fixture for Sunday so wouldn’t take too much notice : 3:45pm, Wexford v Waterford, Allianz HL Semi-final, TG4

Eminently wise words by you, to my way of thinking. Sustainability, as you imply, is the nub.

Éamon O’Shea made hurling enjoyable to watch and never tried to make himself the story.

2 Likes

What must Eoin Kelly think of it all. How can he even give a tip to Dessie given the tactics.

1 Like

They’ve got a great chance. I know that because they didn’t win it last year

2 Likes

Limerick/Tipp in Limerick at 7 on Saturday.

5 Likes

My sources on the ground were telling me a Saturday night game is unlikely thanks to some Rugby Football match in Thomand Park.

I hope Feargal ploughs ahead and fixes it for the same time regardless.

“Sources on the ground” = You were reading Premierview!! This has been confirmed by Limerick GAA.

5 Likes

They’ll play the hurling as a curtain raiser

@theLimericks will be trapped between the two bandwagons. Could nearly do a double header, if you missed the last twenty minutes of the rugby you’d miss nothing. You could say the same for the first 60 minutes mind.

1 Like

I was given incorrect information. Throw in is now at 7.30

Cc @peddlerscross

1 Like

I wasn’t far off and am for once reasonably happy with Feargal’s decision making.

Be late enough getting home if it goes to extra time and penalties.

1 Like

Tipp will get the job done in normal time. They’re back!