Allianz National Hurling League 2023

5 Likes

You’d think Cahill might have learned something from last year

Good interview from Cahill.

As regards Tipp, it is a long long term project.

Limerick are realistically looking at keeping their current performance levels this high for possibly another 4 years easily.

The pack need to unearth and work together serious panels to trouble Limerick.

1 Like

Fact. I can’t see us beating Limerick in a competitive match for a number of years. It was fairly obvious at HT what Limerick would do second half but we (like every other county) don’t have an answer for it.

1 Like

One thing about Cahill is he will be absolutely fuming with that loss. He wants to win every game and there is no doubt he would have loved to have won that just to build that winning mentality and confidence in the side. It’s a great trait to have but when it doesn’t come off it can leave him seething .

I’d say his biggest annoyance tonight is they never looked like getting a goal. He drills it into his teams to go goal hunting. Up to tonight they were top scores in the league but they didn’t really create anything of note at all.

1 Like

Cian Lynch back is absolutely massive.

2 Likes

A Rolls Royce of a hurler

1 Like

They didn’t create a single chance.

1 Like

Jake Morris got a ball on the front foot in first half. He should have taken it on to draw a defender & pop the ball inside to a teammate to go at goal.

He just tapped it over the bar. Chance gone. But Jake got his score.

The KK teams in their pomp just open you there, goal chance is attempted & usually taken.

1 Like

Big pair of arms on him too…

Absolutely, a brilliant player. Has it all.

I must have missed that or I don’t recall it. But that is the kind of thing that Cahill will be fuming with. You can be sure Morris will have his ears ringing when Cahill gets him.

We didn’t look like coming anywhere close to scoring a goal tonight.

It’s one you’d nearly like to lose looking at that tonight.

If he stays fit, we’re in a decent place. Peter Casey back too.

Limerick won’t be happy with that first half performance. Plenty to work on.

Ah they were only warming up. A sense of inevitability at half time. Ye cunts :joy:

3 Likes

Ye could do with as many competitive games. Bar the Henry Derby, ye have too many soft games in April/May

1 Like

In fairness, he didn’t hit him hard enough.

Can’t play Antrim every week I suppose

2 Likes