Allianz National Hurling League 2023

Iā€™ve rebranded but yes, I plan to go. Wonder will it be like 2002? when the fixed KK v chipp for Croke Park and only a small crowd went and loads of giving out about the venue? It was a thriller with Henry kicking the winning point

I was one of the few at it - one of the great games.

1 Like

PUC is a brilliant stadium but itā€™s an absolute prick of a ground to get to and to get away from.

NP is very well placed with plenty of places to eat and drink around it and you tend to be able to get away from
It handy enough on a match day.

1 Like

Surely @habanerocat will thumb a lift off one of the limericks

I was hoping to take the train to Thurles.
The station in Cork is a nice bit from the park unfortunately.

About half hour walk

Too far for some lads clearly

Agree about PUC. But thatā€™s not really the issue here. Itā€™s a national final that will be lucky to attract 10k to it (probably 9.5k from Limerick)
They could have tossed for it or played it Easter Monday in Thurles. Either of those two options would have brought 20 k and a way better atmosphere

5 Likes

Easter Monday would clash with the Liam Lynch memorial. You couldnā€™t be doing that.

2 Likes

A national final for a competition that is always treated shabbily by TV hosts and pundits alike.

The GAA need to have a long hard look at themselves too and their handling of this competition.

It is a bit a of a basket case now.

Agree completely and deciding to drag kilkenny in particular to Cork for it just shows more contempt. May as well have sent us all up to Clones

Fuck them, they donā€™t travel anyway.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been promising the mother Iā€™ll be on for Easter dinner for a month. Sheā€™ll have to have it the Saturday

2 Likes

Or tell her have it on the table at 8AM

I told her lamb sandwiches will be ideal

1 Like

The Tipp lads wouldnā€™t be having such notions!

A lamb sandwich with a good shake of salt is lovely.

3 Likes

Well said Mike itā€™s a disgrace

Dash of salt on it with some home made brown bread. Iā€™d much prefer lamb cold than as a roast

1 Like

A vastly underrated condiment.