Allianz National Hurling League 2024

In fairness, diarmuid Byrne’s nailed a hape of long range imaginary frees awarded by the big house against Galway. There was nowt wrong with the sliotars then.
Hmmm

1 Like

He struggled with Wexford too and had 3 years at it. Fair enough he had success with WIT and Carlow but I don’t think he was overly hard done by in Tipp. An awful first-half performance against Clare and beaten out the gate by an average enough Cork team.

2 Likes

It was the most disorganised Tipp have been since before Babs came in 86/87 and revolutionised the whole set up and got the lads suits and hotels.

2 Likes

It was great work. Some of them are still wearing the suits.

2 Likes

Babs and Feile saved Tipp hurling

For fucks sake

1 Like

Be funny if Johnny sent off a load of Clare lads and they missed the first round. Lads would explode

11 Likes

Johnny is a pantomime villain and the game needs characters like him.

Its funny any time I mention Borrisileigh beating Ballygunner to a few friends of mine from down there, they always go through the various reasons they lost, Borris playing so well, missing chances themselves, the venue, the weather… and at the end, they will always say, ‘And Johnny Murphy was the referee…’

does a league final red card carry over to the championship Julio?

It carries over to next game yes. Peter Casey will miss the Clare game after his red v kk in the league semi final.

Johnny Murphy is currently the best referee in hurling by a distance. He’d have reffed multiple All-Ireland finals at this stage were it not for his native county’s dominance.

You’re looking for the unpopular opinions thread there

9 Likes

It’s the players doing the fouling not him

1 Like

Well Johnny, how’s the form?

The second part of that might be true.

But can’t agree with the first part at all.

People don’t know what a service Limerick have done to the country by being so good that he isn’t getting All Ireland finals :grinning:

3 Likes

Compare him to what’s around him. The three best referees of recent times (Horgan, Keenan & Dwyer) are no longer on the panel. Owens is a cheat, Gordon an incompetent and Lyons and Stack are pure telpises.
Tyler Walsh is decent. Michael Kennedy has potential and Colum Cunning isn’t getting enough of a fair chance.

It’s a low bar that the likes of Beaker Doherty, that cunt McGill and their ilk have done their best to ruin.

Are you not a ref?

You’ve not even mentioned the best ref of recent times.

I remain confident that Johnny is on the road from being hated to being respected.

He will ultimately become adored.

Feargal is good ladeen