Allianz National Hurling League 2024

And if Kilkenny had to play Limerick twice before meeting Clare the semi final could be a very different game imo

With their quality, they should be beating Kilkenny in my opinion. But then again, it’s hard beat those fuckers in Croke Park.

They never lack in the fight. It’s admirable they get absolutely everything out of themselves. Add in TJ and they win tonight. Add in Kelly and I don’t know. Two big losses for both sides. The league is the league at the end of the day. We won’t know until it starts

3 Likes

I think Clare are a vastly superior outfit to the 2022 side Any way now.

Issue for them is they almost have to beat Limerick in two weeks I sense but they are still a long way off an all Ireland final.

If Clare can turn over Limerick every county within reason will fancy themselves for the all Ireland.

While their backs are a good unit only Lawlor would make the 2014 team and I’m not sure if any of the forwards from would.

Maybe Mullen.

Was at the game so it just felt like there was acres in front of him where he was doing his best firefighting impression.

Goals win games, and this was one of them. There was no fade-out as such. I’m happy enough.

I don’t know why TJ didn’t feature. But put him in and it’s a different game.

Perhaps that’s why he didn’t feature. Now Lyng know better what he has.

He’ll be exposed I tell you before the year is out. Bookmark this post.

Hogan is tigerish and won’t be taken to the cleaners too handy. When Cody comes up against someone just as athletic and physical as him, he can run out of ideas quick enough.

There was one stage in the second half when he had possession and instead of taking it on, ended up handpassing it 15 yards backwards.

Stuck his goal very well but less said about the penalty the better.

2 Likes

Hogan is a great diver at winning frees also.

Up there with some of the greats in the game in that department like Barret, Lynch, Paudie Maher and Eoin larkin.

I was delighted when johny murphy gave a free against him in the second half.

3 Likes

Seen that with the Reck’s on Cody.

1 Like

Cody or Hogan? I can’t see either being ‘exposed’ as you say. Cody is one of the top forwards in the game.

It must be said that Johnny Murphy was pretty much foot perfect for most of the night and it was a privilege to see such a fine officiating performance up close.

1 Like

Ian Kenny did it for BG a few years back too.

1 Like

Few nervous lads on here tonight

how would it be any different to last year? sure Clare turned them over in munster last year

Another year on the legs. The injuries are beginning to pile up.

Limerick scraped through the round robin last year. Cork could have put them out last year. It was tighter than people remember.

I’ve posted about this before. I think it’s because they rely on emotion to fuel performance. They can always raise their game for Limerick because of it. Then they are flat against the teams they are expected to beat comfortably, or go to the well one too many times and it’s not there. Beat Limerick first day out and they’ll have huge confidence and momentum and they’ll be hard stopped for anyone. They’ve improved again this year and developed more depth again.

Limerick will beat Tipp and Waterford easily to qualify.