Allianz National Hurling League 2024

We were some disaster on the Clare long puck out down the middle in the 2nd half.

Well done @Tassotti

And their own, KK are almost tragic to watch without TJ as a primary ball winner if even to break it, Mullen had one brilliant take and scored off it but id struggle to think of any others.

Did he? :thinking: Because he definitely stood back a few yards and walked up to it. Doesn’t make sense to roll lift it then

Who woukd be the top exponents of the roll lift free taking technique?

Id say there’s not too many about at the top level? Pauric Mahony springs to mind.

Exactly - made it all the more bizarre - ran up then roll lifted it

1 Like

Clare going in one direction and Kilkenny going in another direction.

Kilkenny are guaranteed to come out of Leinster. They don’t need to peak until much later on. No Munster team has that luxury

That doesn’t make them any less shit

That Mossy was our best forward in the second half is a damning enditement in itself.

I wonder what percentage of games Billy Ryan has completed that he has started over the last 6 years. 6 years of a time loop, Billy starts, plays poorly, taken off.

2 Likes

They still have a much easier route to an all Ireland and it’s all on the day after that. I dont think Clare will be too happy with their last 20 minutes yesterday but no one is calling them shit

1 Like

Matter a jot. Kilkenny ain’t good. They don’t have the youngsters and haven’t been good enough in the last five years.

They’ll be hounding lyng out soon enough too.

I looked at the bench last night wondering how Donnelly was still on before his late cameo. I think we had only 4 fit forwards, Owen Wall, Mossy (on at that stage), Timmy Clifford (probably not even a natural forward) and Blanchfield I think.

Clare strong favourites now. Only a fatigued Limerick could potentially put it up to them but have they the will to go again. As Marvin Hagler said, “It’s hard to run around Rathkeale at 5am when you’re wearing silk pyjamas”

2 Likes

Lyng has done a remarkable job reaching the last 4 national finals and winning two Leinsters with that team

5 Likes

He has but that won’t matter much in Kilkenny.

They only deal in one currency.

Heard they spent all training camp talking and concentrating on Limerick in 2 weeks. Very dangerous stuff. Get beaten there and hard to refocus for 7 days time. Like studying all year for English Paper 1.

Shane Murphy has been a big positive. Deserves to be wing back for championship with richie reid losing out.
As good as Mullen is he’s very selfish, rarely passes the ball. Too many pot shots from the sideline.

1 Like

Lohan should be worried about the lack of impact by the majority of his forwards.