Allianz National Hurling League 2024

Ben had Ardfert in Kerry for two years. He was getting well paid by all accounts.

They were in the county final the year before they brought him in. They felt all they needed was the right man to get them over the line.

Two years, no group win.

Not sure he’s the messiah

Cork man says Cork are the best. Shocking.

1 Like

It’s fairly poor and badly researched imo.
Who apart from possibly Soky are these prime Ballygunner lads that still should be playing.

Tis like something Landers would come out with. But at least you know he’s no thought put into it

All joking aside, the state of that podcast.

Zoom nice and blurry. Sound quality atrocious - echoes in empty rooms. Looking at someone’s fridge admiring his children’s art they did in school.

Lads slurping on their tea.

Amateur hour literally by a National Broadcaster.

1 Like

“Every wan a dem lads”.

That’s when I switched off.

2 Likes

‘Well Jacqui I tink…’

‘I tink Waterford…’

‘I tink dat…’

A nice lad, full of auld sound bits but little else was what I was told by a number of lads who he trained for a year. All bluster, no tactics.

Saw him in action as Manager/Head Coach of Staker Wallace in Limerick a couple of years ago and this seems on the money. A LOT of clichés with no context.

He said ‘they need a cup now’…

…For Cork, Clare and Galway on the podcast.

I forgot he was in charge of the Stakers; he actually did relatively okay with them, in comparison to his other stints.

1 Like

In fairness to him, he seems like the nicest fella going and he absolutely loves his hurling, so I won’t take that away from him.

Hahah oh my god. Rory dropped off the zoom 25 mins in and re-appeared in a car a few minutes later as a passenger.

What the hell.

1 Like

Who is that Rory fella?

He is a gent and mighty craic out.

Rory O’Neill. Sunday Game Producer.

Drinks inside in The Boars Head a bit.

1 Like

7 on the current panel and 5 more who gave 8-12 years playing for Waterford.

That leaves 3 more who probably aren’t good enough.

It’s a load of nonsense.

They never actually name any individual players.

Ballygunner are a serious club team but that doesn’t mean they have 15 or even 10 county standard players. It’s a different game.

Its complete lazy analysis and then that Malachy Clerkin lad made it worse.

Cork wont take direction from Kerry in hurling anytime soon though.