Allianz National Hurling League 2024

Right yeah. Very surprised he hasn’t been vilified in the media for his actions.

Joanne probably shouldn’t have mentioned it at all.

There are €32m reasons why he hasn’t.

It’s a tricky one to cover to be fair. He is an amatuer athlete. He did something stupid 4 years ago when he was only a child. He’s 4 all Ireland’s won since. He’s still only a pup really.

They didn’t show his point either which was one of the scores of the day

Fixed that for you …

2 Likes

Kiely obviously has the nod that Kyle won’t be hurling for mountjoy anytime soon.

I’d say the fact Lee Gannon isn’t playing any hurling at all now is the most pertinent part of this story.

2 Likes

The vendetta against Kyle hayes from Kilkenny and Tipperary fans will motivate Limerick a living terror to keep winning.

Cahalane had his best year last year tbf.

1 Like

Imagine saying a lad that has being hurling consistently at inter-county for a decade isn’t up to it.

Joanne Cantwell is a shit stirrer. Trying to make herself relavant. Give evanne or jacqui Hurley the job.

Lehane looked decent over the weekend again

What have they won in that time? This is Cork we are on about.

Watching the Clare Wexford match back here as I missed it yesterday. It was a fairly scrappy match and Wexford completely outworked Clare in the first along with dominating in the air.

Broderick did well in goal I thought while Hogan had a good game at full back and had a decent tussle with Casey who looked a slick enough hurler in the conditions. Conor Leen was solid again and looks a decent spoiler at the very least at this level, he has size and attitude. Darragh Lohan is another lad who has taken a big step in 18 months or so and looked ready for championship.
Conlon did some nice things but really struggled in the air first half with Chin. Cian Galvin has also taken a step but still probably needs another year, lovely stickman but needs to offer more defensively.

Sean Rynne hit a couple of horrendous wides but his attitude and workrate was really promising again.

Crotty got a point and assist first half but did little else while Mounsey never got going - a nice hurler but that isn’t enough at this level. Duggan and Rodgers made a big difference.
Surprised Keith Smyth got the full 70, nothing went right for him and he looked nervous in possession, but he won some hard ball, would like to see him get another opportunity. Meehan added a lot of the bench.

I think Lohan had built a fine panel now, a number of the lads he has been bringing along over the last couple of years are starting to get there and there are another handful for next year too in the likes of Conneally, Jack O’Neill and a few others. In his four previous years as manager we shipped a few pastings in February when down half our frontline players so it is heartening to see the squad is now able to get results down 7 or 8 starters.

I think management will be far happier this year if we end up with an injury at the back with the options in reserve compared to last summer where we had nothing in reserve after the starting 6.

Without Kelly and Taylor for the start of championship id expect something like the below.

Quilligan
Hayes-Cleary-Hogan
Ryan-Conlon-Davy Mc
Rynne-Malone
Fitz-Duggan-O’Donnell
Aidan Mc-Rodgers-Reidy

Broderick, Flanagan, Leen, Lohan, Galvin, Morey, Crotty, Meehan, Shanagher, Galvin and Sheedy/Smyth in reserve.

4 Likes

Still think Clare are at the head of the chasing pack.

1 Like

I think that says more about the chasing pack than anything else.

2 Likes

As we’ve seen over the past few years, there is absolutely no point in reading anything too much into league form. Teams target different matches and there is no way of knowing what they’re doing in between.

The only thing worth noticing is whether new/fringe players are stepping up to challenge for places and whether that will improve a team on last year.

Having said that, I do expect Wexford to be more formidable in Championship under Rossiter. I don’t know about Dublin, I expect they’ll make it difficult for teams at times but I just don’t know if they have the hurlers. A real pity that Lee Gannon is good at football, even one or two more players with real quality could kick them on a fair bit.

It’s hard to have any faith in Waterford, as much as I think they have good hurlers. Tactically, Davy is just crippled by fear. I hope they are competitive this year because, other than them, the rest of Munster should be fairly even. Cork should be better than last year, younger players have that bit more experience, Coleman is back, Connolly should be available for the full year. Still, question marks over the style. I’d also expect Tipp to be better in Cahill’s second year and Clare have been excellent in Munster the past few years, although the losses of Kelly & Taylor at the start of Championship could be huge.

Waterford will make playing them very difficult I think. Their team yesterday was poor but they made the game very scrappy in the middle third. It’s tough to run through them and they definitely don’t concede too many goal chances.

Iarlaith Daly, Tadgh DB, Barron, Kiely, Fagan, Bennetts(?), Hutchinson will make their starting 15 very competitive.

I would expect them to win at least 1 game this year, and I fear it could be either of their two home games.

1 Like

If Waterford could get TDB, Barron, Hutchinson, Patrick Fitzgerald and Stephen Bennett back fit and into their team they’d be onto something big time.

I think they’ll beat both Cork and Tipp at home in their first two games which might well be enough.