Allianz National Hurling League 2024

Tipp have 1 win in 6 League & Championship games against Waterford in the past three seasons and have lost the last three championship meetings.

Clearly don’t match up well against them.

We are a horrible team to watch at present. Same as last year, no one staying inside within 30 yards of the goal at times. Even at this level if you have a man inside he can get onto a lucky break. Like the goal yesterday and the goal v Tipp in the championship last year. Just having a man in and around the goal can lead to errors, uncertainty and a sniff of a chance.

1 Like

Apparently its Ice Hockey tactics that Davy is trying to use.

Almost like coercing the opposition into playing a ‘high line’ like Tottenham under Big Ange and then trying to beat the offside trap in behind.

I don’t understand the tactic of pushing all your players past your own '45. He did it last year at times too.

I’m sure there must be some sort of reason behind it; in fairness to Davy, he’s not an idiot and puckouts are supposed to be his thing.

But I personally don’t understand the logic. To get numbers in around the ball for the breaks? But you’re basically allowing the opposition congest their own defensive area where you want to create space.

Is it something to force their full-forward line out the field so that they’re not carrying a threat inside? I could somewhat see a kind of sense in that, it’s taking away what other teams want to do and takes them way longer to reset to their natural game. But that carries a huge amount of risk, unlike the rest of his game, as with Cork’s goal yesterday.

If you lose the puckout and they can move the ball quickly, there’s almost a clear path to goal.

1 Like

Waterford improved significantly when jamie barron, kieiy and Sheehan came on. Add tadhg dB, bennet, Dessie, Fagan and prunty and an positive attacking set up they’ll be decent.

The more much maligned Ballygunner lads they get on the pitch the better

After barely using anyone outside Dessie in the first three games last year, they ended up with Leavy, Hogan, Fitzgerald and Kevin Mahony along with Hutchinson on the pitch vs Tipp and they were a far better outfit for it.

Sheehan was decent when he came on yesterday and Leavy is a great bit of stuff.

Rueben Halloran is decent at them.

He’s their best free taker he’s not exactly going to cover the KM that Davy will want.

When you see Prendergast missing two easy ones yesterday, he might be worth playing for that alone if Bennett is unavailable but I have my doubts. Good scorer from play but not prolific.

They will need to find one. Both Bennett and Paddy Fitzgerald are out with hamstring tears. Bennett for another 10 weeks supposedly.

The Ballygunner lads that don’t play for Waterford if you listen to nonsense.

Leavey looks very much at home at this level. I heard there are 14 players injured at the moment which is a huge amount.
Few lads getting games at the moment that are currently a level below intercounty.

Patrick Fitzgerald hits frees too but he doesn’t seem to be in good form in general play at all which is a shame as he looks like he has something.

Curran much better than Prendergast on frees. Took em underage.

I’m very surprised you have time for Paddy Leavy given your critisms at how romance and skill have been taken out of hurling.

Nasty stuff.

https://twitter.com/TimmyHammersley/status/1762149054186660214

1 Like

Is craic of the ash an Israeli shill?

Lads on here want Kyle hayes in jail for less.

I couldnt say for sure, but that was a nasty bit of work on Hammersly who was only asking questions.

1 Like

Come after Kyle, you best not miss. :facepunch::dart:

Hammersely seems bit of a melt.

He’s a strong advocate for Palestine but should leave the hurling commentary alone. Better to have an Israeli haranguing you than a Limerick hurling supporter

What do the lads who seem so annoyed by Kyle being picked want exactly? Like, are you not allowed hurl (an amateur hobby) because you have a conviction?