American Mass Shootings / Stabbings / Car Crashes/bridge collapses

I was in Philadelphia before Christmas when a oil truck crashed into a hiway bridge, exploded and the bridge collapsed.

Would have been me but i went the other direction from the airport and had no need to go that direction

1 Like

https://twitter.com/manuCH/status/1772552909567213889?s=19

A sped up version of the webcam prior to impact. It looks like the ship lost power on a couple of occasions and was out of control approaching the bridge.

2 Likes

I lifted that of course from here.

I never laughed as much as I did at that.

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t instantly become see through and the ship would sail away

Fucking Greeks

1 Like

American infrastructure has been in steep decline for yearsā€¦ Itā€™s a huge issue. A dog with a mallet up his hole knows this .

1 Like

This is probably why that wall isnt working out for them.

But wouldnā€™t any country that size have near constant infrastructure issues?

It was quite a bridge though.
Design flaw rather than crumbling infrastructure Iā€™d reckon.

36 bridge collapses alone in the USA since the year 2000.

Hopefully an american made mallet so it just falls apart easily and he can shit it out.

@Kyle and @StoneCold vindicated again

1 Like

CRH look to have timed their US entry well

1 Like

Loads is being spent now but it wasnā€™t great for a good few years. I wouldnā€™t be a big fan of the Sagamoee or Chesapeake Bay bridges myself.

Roads always got decent money though.

Plenty going into big rail projects now.

Plenty in Europe in the same time period, including a couple of more high profile ones.

Infrastructure decline can imo be traced back to governments substituting capital spending for current day spending.

That said, itā€™s not like health and safety is ignored. Itā€™s tougher than ever and the US takes roads seriously.

They havenā€™t reinvested proper in 90% of the country since the 60s. Thanks in large to corporatismā€¦ Anything thatā€™s state owned is run down - public transport, schools, prisons, infrastructure maintenanceā€¦ Big business magically wins a lot contracts for these things and reduce them to nothing, getting state aid, and take out large profitsā€¦ This is all aided by the fact that political bribery is legal in America - they call it lobbying :joy:. It all goes hand in handā€¦

The ironic thing is that the huge investment in infrastructure is what kick started American consumerism in the 50/60s - it made America great. Itā€™s now rotting.

1 Like

I felt the same when 911 happened. I was on the viewing deck of one of the Twin Towers in 1998.

1 Like

So was I would you believe.

Didnā€™t Arnie do a great job of it in California?

Looking forward to the yanks waking up shortly. Twitter will be going mental, with Israelis, Palestinians, Russians, Ukrainians pretending the be Russians, ISIS who are actually Israel. Soros, The Clintons, Obama, Oprah, space Lasers. Itā€™s all a hoax. I canā€™t wait to see where the lads land on this one

2 Likes