American Mass Shootings / Stabbings / Car Crashes/bridge collapses

For fuck sake, Fooley

only about 4 lads on the TFK have actually been in America. They havenā€™t a notion what they are taking about here

Thereā€™s a few average enough english tv personalities that have cracked America. Im not sure how.

Who was the Scottish fella who had his own tv show, always baffled me that one.

Scottys need to open a pistol range out the back to break down cultural barriers.

The media like CNN and MSNBC are only interested in promoting the narrative that white supremacy / alt-right / neo-Nazis / Trump are to blame for all mass killings, which is clearly horseshit if you look at the actual evidence. The coverage of the El Paso killings was wall to wall all weekend, and focused almost exclusively on Trump being responsible. I wonder will they hold Elizabeth Warren responsible for Dayton, as that killer was a registered Democrat who favored Warren, hoped Biden would die, and supported Antifa. Sounds a bit like our very own extreme leftist on here.

Lost in all of this is that 53 people were shot in Chicago this past weekend, and seven killed, two of the incidents mass shootings where multiple people were killed. All were gang and drug related. Barely a mention by the media, 53 people being shot in one weekend in one city isnā€™t noteworthy. The conclusion has to be that black lives donā€™t matter to the media, unless they can be used to stoke anti-Trump hatred.

1 Like

it was a quip youmuppet, i knew about the comment in the first instance.

You did :roll_eyes:

1 Like

i did, now go back to work you gimp

Good man :roll_eyes:

oh another rolleyes

how original

I am no fan of Trump but I was in the States earlier this year and I noticed the massive anti-Trump bias on CNN alright. Hours devoted to how bad Trump is instead of actually moving past it and on to a solution. Is is possible to have a reasonably fact based TV news reporting system in the States?

Not any longer, CNN and MSNBC journalists now see themselves as political activists and part of the ā€œresistanceā€. Both are now as biased as Fox, with almost no dissent allowed to their chosen narrative.
CNN and MSNBC will absolutely not cover the ideology of the Dayton shooter on primetime TV, but will spend hours on the ideology of the El Paso shooter.

In reality though it matters little, very few people actually watch any of these channels (a few million a night in a country of 330 million), CNNs ratings have been plunging this year.

The more scary thing is that most people are now getting their news almost exclusively from their social media feeds. ā€œI saw it on Facebookā€ somehow makes something believable.

You wouldnā€™t have the figures for terrorism in the US in recent years by any chance, would you?

Like, who is behind terror in the US and whatā€™s their motive?

That would be very instructive, wouldnā€™t you think?

What a load of crap.

CNN consistently run stories through Trumpā€™s framing.

Any perso with any shred or morals or decency has an anti-Trump bias because Trump is a far right demagogue with no redeeming features whatsoever, who fests on cruelty and who has completely dispensed with the concept of truth.

So the self proclaimed left warrior wants to have bias in media reporting.

Iā€™d rather think for myself - thanks mate.

If you think racist demagoguery should not be reported as being racist, you are part of the problem.

If you think outright lies should not be reported as outright lies, you are part of the problem.

The #marian school of journalism.

I think the moral bankruptcy of the right wing gutter press in the US was summed up by this editorial in the Wall Street Journal today.

Itā€™s a direct and mendacious attempt to draw a false equivalence of political motives of the El Paso and Dayton mass murders in order to protect Trump and demonise Elizabeth Warren.

The El Paso murderer specifically committed his atrocity for right-wing political means and his so called ā€œmanifestoā€ (read: racist rant) was directly inspired by Trumpā€™s hateful rhetoric.

There is zero comparison in terms of motive between the two mass murders. There was no left-wing or liberal motive for Dayton whatsoever.

This is denied by the Wall Street Journal, who make an obvious attempt to link Warren and her politics to the Dayton murderer while mendaciously claiming not to.

This is a favourite tactic of the gutter right-wing US media. Warren and Bernie Sanders have never uttered any rhetoric which could incite violence.

The Wall Street Journalā€™s tactic here is ā€œboth sides, one as bad as the otherā€. There is no both sides here. The Democratic party does not have racist demagogues inciting violence. The Republican party does, and plays unashamedly to right-wing racism and other bigotry. Right-wing terror is the threat and has been responsible for an overwhelming majority of US terrorism for years now, at the same time as Trump has downgraded it as a threat.

A gutter piece of right wing trash and an affront to not just journalism but morals, decency and truth, like pretty much everything associated with right-wing politics in the US these days.

I think CNN now realise they as much as anyone, and way more than Russia, were responsible for trump being elected and canā€™t make peace with that.

The election is not national of course due to the electoral college. nothing will tip the balance in hard blue or red states so what the media reports there is irrelevant. Its the few swing states that decide it. CNN in mid 2015 decided trump, even though he was peripheral, was box office. Its no exaggeration to say they gave him near round the clock coverage. I was living that side so saw it. And while they were critical of him, it meant undecided or moveable voters were exposed to his rhetoric. They heard crooked hillary or lock her up so much that while it didnā€™t persuade them to vote for trump, it did persuade them that there was something off about hillary and not voting at all was a preferable option. And thats what decided it, voters who came out for obama just didnā€™t bother for hillary in the few key states. CNNs obsession with trump had a big part to play in that.

4 Likes

Itā€™s gone so far out there, it must imho be happening on design. People are stupid but not that stupid. To what end? That is the conundrum. Why are they trying to split America?