American Mass Shootings / Stabbings / Car Crashes/bridge collapses

Where did i say this? Where did i say i excluded everyone else? You asked to clarify what i meant when i wrote them

Someone put up a tweet and i wanted to debate it. If someone can change my mind on something great but at least attempt it. Thats the opposite of an echo chamber by the way. Put me on ignore if you want, no need to get all childish running off with your ball because you don’t agree with me.

This chap’s views on immigrants are pretty much the same as most of the lads on this thread

There’s a shooting by a white supremacist almost ever other week at this stage. Best part about this one is that at the hall where families were told to gather to find each other, ICE showed up to check people’s citizenship papers.

1 Like

You shut down the debate by specifically asking to hear from certain people without naming them. It’s a strange way to approach an open minded debate.

It’s not really the opposite. Pretending you’re open to debate but only wanting to debate with people you have pre selected in your mind is just entering a repetitive argument that we’ve all seen before and is boring and predictable.

I can’t put you in ignore. I need to be able to see everyone’s posts. I’m not being childish and running away. You don’t seem to want to stand behind your comments. You threw out a childish comment about implied censorship on tfk. It has no basis in reality. But it helps to feel persecuted. Nobody is going to feel sorry for you. If you don’t like the place you’re welcome to leave. If you do then stop pretending that you don’t. Simples.

5 Likes

You asked who ‘them’ was, when i posted i want ‘them’ to explain out a viewpoint that was retweeted. I said it was anyone that had put forward this before, or agreed with it. Anyone, there was no exhaustive list, no one banned from giving an opinion as you suggest (where is my pre selected list set out?)

The censorship seems based on who you agree with personally. Your right as its your forum but its a stretch to say it has no basis in reality. You have other admins, im not going to write anything libellous or name anyone so honestly use that ignore function, i do and its a massive improvement.

1 Like

You said “let them answer” when @Batigol was discussing it. You basically wanted to turn this into a binary debate with people you have had this debate with before. It’s immature and boring and frankly it’s not your place to decide who gets to have an opinion.

That’s simply not true. There are plenty of people I don’t agree with. Many people I don’t agree with on nearly every topic. Very very few people have been banned from here. There have been very good reasons for anyone who was banned. If you think this place is restrictive I think you are living a very sheltered existence.

And I don’t think “not writing anything libellous” is a virtuous as you seem to think. It’s sort of expected.

1 Like

The whole point as i stated was i had tried to debate this before but got no reply. Again at no point did i restrict who could debate or decide who gets to have an opinion. Youve put this forward a few times without backing it up by showing where i did so.

What were the reasons posters were banned? Why was HBV continuously banned?

HEY HEY!!! I came here for @Sidney and @anon7035031 not fucking Sid and Nancy!

1 Like

Because hes a cunt

5 Likes

I’ve answered this already. You seem to be ignoring the meaning behind you posting:

Let them answer i want to hear the reasoning

when someone else responded to your question.

It’s not really convincing me of the merits of your other points when you continue to pretend this was not an attempt to shift the conversation into a binary debate with specific people. And to be honest I’ve heard enough for you on this point. I don’t think you’ll concede it so as I said much earlier: I’ve made my point. My question was rhetorical. You don’t want a discussion. You want a shouting match.

Different reasons for different posters.

HBV was repeatedly racist. He had many unpalatable posts over many years. But I’m not going to debate this with you here. If you don’t like the moderation rules and think they’re too strict then I’m sure you can find somewhere more tolerant of your wonderful opinions. And HBV had always had the opportunity to ask me anything but I’m not going to discuss him at length with someone else.

I’ve said this before but just to make it clear. This site isn’t a democracy. People seem to have unreasonable expectations on how free speech works. If you’re an annoying fucker who contributes nothing positive and refuse to change when asked to do so then you run the risk of being banned. This is not a course of action that we take in any way frequently. But being an asshole for an extended period of time is not something I like to encourage.

3 Likes

I wanted a debate, batigol was fully right in his point, i should have said, ‘correct but lets hear what people who have the other point of view have to say, as i cant see their logic’ i certaintly wasn’t shutting him down as you seem to be suggesting but just plain agreement with me is not a debate. In fairness stonecold did reply and acknowledged its far more nuanced than first seems.

Im not fighting hbv’s corner, he’s well able to do so, i was just using his case to point out the arbitrariness of the moderation. He’s not the only one who says racist or crude things, or who falls into your broad categorisation, so theres no free speech red line here that you suggest he or anyone crossed. simply being an ‘annoying fucker’ is completely subjective to your opinion. I like the hurling and NFL talk and the odd toe dipped elsewhere, but not a lot of posters on here, you not too subtly suggesting i leave isn’t a bit reasonable really. but its your site, mind you you should have been a bit more open to other posters moderating etc especially in light of the fact you have gotten a lot of voluntary contributions, but then you really should have charged for membership or whatever for years no reason you should have been out of pocket.

if you want to discuss this further pm away this thread has been clogged up enough

Eh no thanks. I’m happy enough as things are and won’t lose much sleep over you feeling persecuted on behalf of an Internet friend. Thanks though.

Free speech is certainly nuanced

That’s an almost coherent student rant and then you get to the paragraph titled “Gear”. Chilling stuff. Looks like the original thread was the correct one, very definitely a terrorist attack.

1 Like

Should we expect some more right wing victim blaming for this?

That’s a rhetorical question

Even CNN called out a major cause of the issue back in January 2016. There is no need to have these weapons so easily available for purchase.

You can take the boy out of rubby…

Wow

Orwellian

It’s a legit quote too

And Shapiro also said the Obama administration was waging a race war against whites

It must take serious effort to invert reality to that extent

:man_health_worker:t3: