An Clr V's Kittins U21- Anthem

:clap:

:clap:

[quote=“myboyblue”]:clap:[/quote]How many teams are capable of winning the so called “All Ireland” in hurling? yea… that’s right…

more than are capable of winning the english premiership my good man …thats how many…

think the banner will do it…was overly impressed with KK against dublin…

About 3-5 more than are capable of winning the SPL my friend. Even the superb Serie A is a monopply of late.

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]
Now Clare has many heroes goin’ back a thousand years,
deValera and O Connell brought their enemies to tears.
Didn’t Brian Boru’s Dalcassians fight the Vikings man to man,
But the decade’s reigning champion is our only great Ger Loughnane.[/quote]

Eamon De Valera was born in New York and reared in Bruree, Co Limerick.

Daniel O’Connell was born in Caherciveen, Co Kerry.

Brian Boru could have been born in Co Tipperary, Co Limerick or Co Clare, scholars are divided on this.

At least two dozen Dalcassians deserted at Clontarf.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Eamon De Valera was born in New York and reared in Bruree, Co Limerick.

Brian Boru could have been born in Co Tipperary, Co Limerick or Co Clare, scholars are divided on this.

At least two dozen Dalcassians deserted at Clontarf.[/quote]Interesting information shannonsider, it appears the racists from Clare have a habit of claiming others as their own as the recent Ali fiasco testifies

Clare should win this by 7 or 8 points,theres no excuse for them not to against this average Kilkenny team,when John Joe Farrell is running the show you’d have to be worried for this Kilkenny team,outside of Richie Hogan and possibly Colin Fennelly theres very little county class going on up front,id be hugely worried about our full back line whom aside from Paul Murphy could be in for a tough day,it must be remembered that Kilkenny have beaten near eneogh nobody in this competition so far,if we win it will be because of the aura that surrounds Kilkenny hurling at the moment,surely Clare can rise above that and show that they have a much better outfit,i honestly think they do.

In short,if ye cant win this,fucking forget about it.

whats the EPL got to do with anything you mong?

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Eamon De Valera was born in New York and reared in Bruree, Co Limerick.

At least two dozen Dalcassians deserted at Clontarf.[/quote]

daniel o connell was a unionist traitor- the great james connolly despised him:clap:

In the words of Gerlock

“we are going to do it”

What time’s this game on at and is it on RTE2 or TG4? At the moment, there’s birds playing super slow motion hurling on RTE2. An absolute fooking joke.

With such poor goalkeeping and the fact that you are allowed score with handpasses it’s surprising that teams don’t just go for goals the whole time.

As an aside, I heard in the past the Ladies Football is the most watched female team sport in Europe. Is this actually the case?

As a further aside but still on the topic of womans sports, did anyone see Serena William’s meltdown last night?

After Serena had been called for a foot fault on her second serve to go match point down, the No. 2 seed cursed at the lineswoman who had made the call. The lineswoman then walked over to the chair umpire and reported Serena for verbal abuse. Because she had already received an earlier warning in the match for smashing a racket, Serena was handed an automatic point penalty for a second violation. That gave Clijsters a 6-4, 7-5 victory.

[media=youtube]EF8ZoevMJQc

As regards the attendance at the tennis for a grand slam womans semi-final, this snippet from cnnsi.com shocked me somewhat.

[quote=cnnsi.com]
It was a strange end to a long and wet day in Flushing Meadows. The first ball for the Clijsters-Williams match went up at 9:21 p.m. Two minutes later Clijsters won her first game, something she would do much of during the 1 hour, 31 minute match. Arthur Ashe Stadium was eerily empty at the beginning of the match. At one point in the second set, SI.com counted just 27 people in the Promenade (Upper Deck).
But Ashe Stadium was a parade compared to the action next door at Louis Armstrong Stadium. Ten minutes after the start of the Clijsters-Williams match, unseeded Yanina Wickmayer hit a backhand into the net against Wozniacki to start their match. The two semifinals were played simultaneously, though there was a distinctly undercard feel for Wozniacki’s 6-3, 6-3 win at Armstrong. The lower bowl filled up only after the Williams-Clijsters match concluded. The attendance for the majority of the Wozniacki-Wickmayer match was about 300 people.[/quote]

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/richard_deitsch/09/13/serena.meltdown/index.html?eref=T1#ixzz0QzXerZNO

Just watched it on SS Xtra, funny as fuck. Williams was totally out of order, and Kim deserved her win. Take it to the US Open thread CLD.

tg4, 16:00

presumably a 4.30 start.

Shit game, this.

Ya. It’s a bit messyy. There are some good bits in it.
Murry, (2) for Kilkenny, should have been given red for his “tackle”.
Certainly dangerous play and put the shoulder down and drove it into yer mans chest.
I think KK hurling (and it can be seen in the seniors) are more physical in a bad way than other teams.
The lads today are talking with the hurley and also I saw a bit where teh hurley is around teh clare corner back and his other hand is holding ti there.
I’m glad at least to see teh ref is blowing up for these fouls.

The commentators are banging on about how the KK boys are getting good scores from play but Clare are relying on frees.
No shit. They are getting brought down.

The weather is nice though. So thats something.

Hope the match gets a bit better. It’s a close game.

Yours etc,
GSH.

Possibly game changing save by the Clare 'keeper there. A real class save. They went up and got two points to level and now Kilkenny have missed two scoreable chances from play.

Great finish to the game - well done Clare.