An Clr V's Kittins U21- Anthem

A real instinct save. Nervy finish.
Clare. All Ireland Champions.
Nice ring to it.

Yours etc,
GSH.

For fuck sake. The state of this leper accepting the cup - learn to speak, you muck monster.

A good example of a game that may have seemed good because of the exciting finish but really wasn’t.

Congrats to Clare. They got the scores when they needed them and they wanted it more at the end of the day.

:clap:

Jaysus the captain is a mentalist.

Someone shut that gobshite up.

He’s worse than Fennelly last week, which is a feat in itself.

And he’s now claiming that he’s had sex before. As if, ginger.

being the first clare man since Daly to make a speech on the steps of the hogan can’t have been easy, but still, that’s not one for reeling in the years.

delighted for clare, the right result.

special mention to the link walsh, who called it earlier in this thread, without fennelly and richie that team would be ordinary.

delighted for the puke, coming in the midst of what must be an emotional time for him, to have john conlon step up to the plate whilst wearing the black and yellow helmet must have been a special day. hopefully ye make more of this win than limerick did.

Hear hear. I’m thrilled for The Puke and his dog after the tough week they’ve had.

Mrs. GSH had to mute the TV. There was spit coming through the screen and we have just hoovered the sitting room.
His heart must have been going 200 mph.
Even in “mute” it looked like he might blunt a few knives with the accent.
Still though. Thats pure Clare. Not tainted by leaving the village. Ever.

Yours etc,
GSH.

Only one thing to say here.

Gwan ta fook John Conlon!!!

Tricia’s will be heaving tonight.

Yours in throwing out there, etc,

MBB

http://dynimg.rte.ie/0002971b189r.jpg

Woeful game but Clare won’t care. One of the best saves ever too by the Clare keeper was the real winning of the game. Thought Kilkenny about deserved a win from their 2nd half performance but fair play to Clare-stuck with it and grinded out the win in the end.
Darach Honan shouldn’t have played it seems-was very poor. Conlon was excellent though, deserved to be on the winning team. Gwan the Banner :clap:

Benny Dunne cost me 200 though :mad:

Good result for hurling. Two great points to win it at the end and both had echoes of memorable Clare All-Ireland final scores of the past - Daly’s free in 1995 and Jamesie O’Connor’s winner in 1997. Also remember Clare coming out on the wrong side of a one point scoreline in the more recent past against Cork so I was delighted to see them do it today. Brilliant scenes at the end again this week and another two fingers to the fun police:clap:.

http://www.oneills.ie/teamwear/Images/Downloads/Desktop%20Wallpapers/GAA%20Counties/1600%20X%201200/Clare.jpg

One of the best County Mottos out there.
‘First into the battle and last one to leave’.

Yours etc,
GSH.

in fairness, he was some bog warrior aright. state of him. scream out a few words, pick nose, scream a few more words, cough into seeve, roar go’wan da banner, wipe nose with seeve, say hello to me daughter.

He was some corner back though, cleaned up. Corner backs only need to grunt and swing timber.

Despite his woeful tackle i thought the Killkenny No.2 was superb, best player on the pitch.

Clare were 7 or 8 points a better team and would have had alot of sleepless nights had they blown this.
Well done Clare.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Despite his woeful tackle i thought the Killkenny No.2 was superb, best player on the pitch.

Clare were 7 or 8 points a better team and would have had alot of sleepless nights had they blown this.
Well done Clare.[/quote]
Murphy was class alright Kev, probably so used to marking Richie Hogan in training all the time.

Didn’t think Clare were 7/8 points the better team though. :eek:
Kilkenny took the game in the second half and all of their 14 points bar 1 came from play.
Clare only scored 6 from play out of 15.

I thought Nickey O Connell and Dillon were best players on the pitch, haven’t watched it on TV yet though, only for highlights last night so I realise hwo things can differ from being there and from watchin the tv.

Who got MOTM? Conlon stood up hugely throughout the game also, Honan was cleary not right, but put himself about nonetheless.

[quote=“myboyblue”]I thought Nickey O Connell and Dillon were best players on the pitch, haven’t watched it on TV yet though, only for highlights last night so I realise hwo things can differ from being there and from watchin the tv.

Who got MOTM? Conlon stood up hugely throughout the game also, Honan was cleary not right, but put himself about nonetheless.[/quote]

Conlon got MOTM I think.
Himself and Murphy were the best on view I thought.