An Idiots guide to downloading TV Programs/Movies from the Internet

cheers totti.

TASE, FOAD you utter cretin.

And chewy, youā€™re an awful bollox having a cut of me after I helped you out. cunt.

How is the downloading going for you chewy louie? I must get into this downloading business myself, anytime i want to watch a program i scroll through youtube and often itā€™s not there or iā€™ll spend ages looking for a bad stream off tv duckā€¦

Christ this is getting ridiculous. How some people mange to log on to this site is hard to believe :smiley:

Flano when i was a young fella there was no such thing as computersā€¦

Google ā€™ name of programme mediafireā€™ will usually bring up something, but it works a lot better for music.

Gman or whoever, Iā€™ve been trying to download a film from isoHunt and I get as far as downloading it on utorrent and while it says itā€™s downloading it nothing is actually happening and the download bar isnā€™t moving. Any idea whatā€™s up?

Are you connected to anyone in seeds or peers?

as rocko said, check the seeds on the file list. they should be more than the peers, and the more seeds, the quicker it will download.

What are seeds and peers now?

when you click on a torrent list of prgrams, there should be a heading on the top bar for each film or whatever of seeds and peers. you need people to be seeding, ie putting it back onto the internet. peers are the amount of people like you trying to download

I just looked at isohunts list there, the ā€˜Sā€™ is for seeds. you need these to be of decent number, 5 or more at least really. the ā€˜Lā€™ stands for leeches, so this is all the people downloading. the L shouldnt be more than the S

What do you mean by download?

:lol:

:angry:

No need for your shit talk now.

Thank you Gman, a gentleman as always

Can someone help me please. Iā€™m downloading a tv show on utorrent as we speak. When i clicked download torrent it said run or save i clicked save and that was it. No new screen or anything has opened so i donā€™t know where i am with the download, also it didnā€™t ask me to cap or limit the download speed? Iā€™m fairly sure i have unlimited broadband here which should mean i can download away at any speed? There is a little green utorrent icon on the bar along the bottom of my laptop, if i hover over it, it says:

downloading 0 (0) seeding

2.1 mb/s down, 2.1 kbā€™s up

Is any of this normal???

Itā€™s now 1.2 mb/s down, and 2.5 kb/s up.

Iā€™m getting nervous as i could be doing anything here, is this normal folks??

Itā€™s now 3.2 mb/s down, and 3.9 kb/s up.

:o

Quick Dunph, plug it out of the wall before things get worse

Oh fuck Dunph, youā€™re in the shit here

Set fire to it Dunph, scorched earth policy required here.

Seriously lads should i just turn off the laptop?/