Angry Metalheads & Punks

Enjoying Life Metal the 2019 album by Sunno)))here.

1 Like

Riffs are a bit bog standard too.

Got through most of the Faith No More albums last weekend. Pretty damn good. I didn’t listen to anything pre Mike Patton.

1 Like

Are there any good metal or heavy bands coming out of the UK these days…

On a second listen here at a reasonably low volume, this record is terrific.

1 Like

Amazing the sound they can knock out of two Gibson Les Pauls.

Slipknot are back with a bang 20 years after globally breaking through, Jim Root is one of the most underrated guitarists. This is a cracker!

Beat Ed Sheehan to No 1 in the Irish chart by 12 units.

1 Like

Have this on at the moment, have you ever listened to Earth?

Never. Worth a listen?

The earlier stuff is pretty similar to Sunn O))), in a lo-fi kind of way - Thrones & Dominions probably the best.

The later stuff is more structured and song-oriented, a bit lighter too - definitely worth a listen though. Primitive & Deadly or The Bees Made Honey in the Lion’s Skull would be my recommendations.

2 Likes

Prob the best tune. God bless Danny Carey.

Was listening earlier. Seems to be all about the drums. Take away the fancy drumming and I can´t get into it. Yet.
Tool seem to be in Dream Theater territory, as in you´d have all these lads turning up at the gig playing air drums and air guitar studying the band.

1 Like

All a matter of taste, you may just not like them. If you don’t like 46&2 then I wouldn’t waste any more time listening to them.

I’ve listened to the whole album and think Keenan’s lyrics/vocals let it down but that’s compared to previous Tool albums. The highlights seem to be all instrumental which wasn’t the case on prior albums. Tool albums always take a few listens and they generally grow on you after a while.

Didn’t realise the full album was out. Giving it a whirl now.

To be honest, with the sheer length of time it’s taken to put it out - and knowing Tool’s past work - I’d be very disappointed if it didn’t take a few months for someone to work out that you need to listen to the album underwater or something to truly get it, man.

1 Like

Yerra, I´ll give it a chance. I wouldn´t ever have been a huge fan of them, but would have listened on and off over the years. The drumming seems to be the main on this new one, but I´ll give it a chance.

Make joints, not war.

Please enjoy My Sleeping Karma responsibly. :alien:

Having had a week to listen and being a bit meh about it on the first listen, I think this is their best. How they can make a 15 minute tune seem like a 3 minute one and your’e disappointed when it ends is some achievement.

I can’t believe it took me to 42 years of age to start listening to Motörhead albums properly.
Any album/live album recommendations

1 Like

I would recommend The Best of Motorhead, by Motorhead.

The only album I’ve ever really listened to is Ace of Spades. No Sleep 'til Hammersmith is probably one of the most famous metal live albums. Actually, I’m going to listen to it right now.

1 Like

I was a Motorheadbanger in my younger days. I would consider the three best Motörhead albums to be
Ace of Spades
Overkill
Bomber
In that order.

No Sleep til Hammersmith is one of the great live albums and the Golden Years Live EP is also worth a listen.

Classic Motörhead for me was the Lemmy/Fast Eddie Clarke/Phil Philthy Animal Taylor line up. All dead now.

1 Like