Annoying Office Jargon - Part III

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I suppose I am just concerned about the size of margin…

[/quote]

Between your toes and your forehead? I would be too.

As some of you might have read in The Irish Times business supplement last week, I moved teams and desks recently. Anyway, one of the lads I’m now sitting near was on the phone this morning and after the initial greetings he said, ‘I just wanted to give you a quick heads up to bounce a few things around before our meeting later.’

“Lets stick a pin in that and come back to it”

Go fuck yourself and your pin.

Last week I said “Let’s drag it through the hedge and see what state it’s in on the other side.” It was 50% tongue in cheek but I’m still ashamed because it came very naturally.

One thats been boiling my piss recently - you’re in a meeting and something comes up that people dont want to discuss in front of everyone so they use the “we’ll discuss that offline” phrase. Why not just say you’ll chat about it afterwards. Why the fuck the need for stupid online / offline terminology.

I like that ditch one though Rocko. Can actually see myself using that to see what reaction it gets. I’d be fairly sure that within a month everyone would be using it!

" Have you a window for some face time with Berlin"

Was I missing a lot from school or what ?

I can never understand it when someone says to me “Now this is off the record but…”

I’m sorry but do you have a dictaphone in your pocket where you normally record our “on the record” conversations

5.29pm and this lad just went barging into an office near where I sit:

‘Sorry to land this on you so late in the day but I really need a steer.’

A steer? What the fook?

Do people buy this shit?

I mean who do these people think they are kidding?

Maybe as part of the articles section we could do a TFK guide to office jargon with our own unique take on what they mean:

‘Sorry to land this on you so late in the day but I really need a steer.’ - I’ve fucked up badly, there’s a match on the telly later and you owe me a favour for not telling your wife about your antics at the stag night in prague.

It’s in our own space. We own it.

No we don’t, fuck off u kunt.

A new one for me. We increased our charges to a particular client a while back and expected them to have a whinge but they were grand about it. One of the lads just mentioned he was surprised ‘we didn’t get any negative push back’ from them.

The latest around our place is “to bottom something out”. Means getting to the bottom of something (suprisingly). “Jugs, have you bottomed out that legal issue yet?”. Idiot. Also quiet funning considering the size of yer wan’s arse.

That was a regular one when I was an accountant.

‘Have you bottomed out that issue with the way they’re recording their premium income?’

Fook off.

[quote=“Bandage”]That was a regular one when I was an accountant.

‘Have you bottomed out that issue with the way they’re recording their premium income?’

Fook off.[/quote]

Were you ever an accountant?

This is more a habit or an act rather than jargon but do any of ye work with gimps who sign off their emails with ‘thks’ or ‘rgds’ instead of ‘thanks’ or ‘regards’? Yes, you dick - you’re so busy and doing such important work that leaving out those couple of letters will save precious time to allow you to contribute even more to this year’s profits. These are the type of retards who write the text of their email in the ‘subject’ box as they don’t want to waste more valuable time giving it a subject and then also writing the main body of the email. Gimps.

I use Rgds a lot actually. Habit more than anything.

That makes you a tosser.

Rgds,
Jugs

Remember going to an interview for a hateful software testing job years ago. The twat interviewing me asked me “Do you see software testing as a constructive or destructive role?” I should have just replied “Wankity wank”, but I actually tried to answer the question earnestly.

On Fire lately SS.