Another blow for muldoons the length and breathe of the country

My brother hasn’t been to a doctor in something like 12 years - his best mate is a vet and he’ll usually get him to sort him out with anything he needs checked out.

I’ve ham in the fridge as well and it’s definietly getting eaten at some stage.

I was in the Burlington last Sunday morning lashing into a full Irish, if they’d had no rashers, sausages and pudding I’d have gone nuts.

I’m not one for the pig but this year I’ll buy a Ham; and I’ll buy it locally.

Am I right with the info that most of the contaminated meat was from the occupied counties and the Brits did nothing until the Paddies had the press conference on Saturday night?

While this crisis is a disaster for Irish Farmers, long term I think it will prove that Irish Food is safe and governed by the best Food standards in the world.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]I’m not one for the pig but this year I’ll buy a Ham; and I’ll buy it locally.

Am I right with the info that most of the contaminated meat was from the occupied counties and the Brits did nothing until the Paddies had the press conference on Saturday night?

While this crisis is a disaster for Irish Farmers, long term I think it will prove that Irish Food is safe and governed by the best Food standards in the world.[/quote]

Reports this morning would suggest that the contmainated feed came from the land of strawberry and potatoe sellers.

Some fool on the radio this morning.

“Ah I’ll stop eating pork now alright. It’s bad timing. Nobody likes having a sick child in the house around Christmas. Miserable for them.”

This is cancer! It’s a little bit more than a child with a heavy cold feeling a bit under the weather.

but where did the meat come from? I’m still sure the majority of farms where “up thur”

Some company called Millstream recycling in Clohamon just outside Bunclody apparently. Its a part of Wexford we’ve been trying to pawn off onto Carlow for years.

fuck me but tis an animal that im fond of, id have a piece of it most days in some form.
there are not many things better than roast pork fillet with a bit of buttery mash.
a good value animal too.

I’m a bit lost? Pigs on 47 farms were fed with contaminated feed from Wexford. That’s why there has been a recall.

but according to EUBuisness only 10 of those farms are in the Republic. Or down thur’

Ah right. I gets you. It says in the indo that your man who owns the plant in Bunclody had to return from his honeymoon after the news broke. What a balls.

Its a right balls but only temporary I feel.

Long term it’ll prove that Irish Food Safety Standards are above and beyond.

As Mac says, this is a Carlow issue.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Its a right balls but only temporary I feel.

Long term it’ll prove that Irish Food Safety Standards are above and beyond.[/quote]

How can you make that conclusion with any degree of certainty?

I can’t but they stepped up and did the unthinkable.

Something Tony Blair failed to do when Mad Cow Disease savaged UK farms. The only spraying was on this side of the border, the only disinfectent mats were here. The only match cancellations were here.

Far better to have the Premiership continue uninterrupted rather than protect an agricultural industry.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]I can’t but they stepped up and did the unthinkable.

Something Tony Blair failed to do when Mad Cow Disease savaged UK farms. The only spraying was on this side of the border, the only disinfectent mats were here. The only match cancellations were here.

Far better to have the Premiership continue uninterrupted rather than protect an agricultural industry.[/quote]

I’m not convinced that we’ve the full story yet MGG
Its a headline on the BBC news there at 11- can’t be good for us in the long-term

WBY

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]I’m not convinced that we’ve the full story yet MGG
Its a headline on the BBC news there at 11- can’t be good for us in the long-term

WBY[/quote]

Fair enough, but on Saturday night it was maybe 5th or 6th in the running order on Sky News. And it didn’t top the news on the Beeb yesterday either.

deff a carlow issue sure wasnt it decided to give carlow from ferns to scarawalsh and in towards bunclody from there…

as for the lack of rashers and sausages i was not at all pleased to get upin jurys inn to find a note telling me there would be none for breakfast… so the crowd of us and went her extremely sore heads went in such of a nice greasy breakfast to no avail…

[quote=“cailinlochgarman”]deff a carlow issue sure wasnt it decided to give carlow from ferns to scarawalsh and in towards bunclody from there…

as for the lack of rashers and sausages i was not at all pleased to get upin jurys inn to find a note telling me there would be none for breakfast… so the crowd of us and went her extremely sore heads went in such of a nice greasy breakfast to no avail…[/quote]

I thought you were vegetarian.

I see where Mr Hogg is the CEO of the company at the centre of this scare. Class.