Another casualty of the recession

You probably know it by a different name

10 Likes

Marathon?
Opal Fruits?
Datsun?
Alias Tommy Carr?

1 Like

An uncle in law of mine worked in there close to 50 years ago. Was never inside the door but I would imagine a well got man about town like @Fagan_ODowd has an item or two from there

I passed it loads of times and went in once or twice during the “sales” but I never bought a stitch out of it. Ditto the place down the street, Michael Barrie. I always got the impression that these places were servicing a clientele more twinkly than me.

In this context, “twinkly” is used to describe a clientele that is more sophisticated, stylish, or perhaps more affluent than the speaker. It suggests that the customers of these places have a certain sparkle or charm that the speaker feels they lack. Essentially, it conveys a sense of exclusivity and a higher social status.

1 Like

Essentially ChatNCC, their clothes weren’t designed for my more rustic frame.

3 Likes

The prices were always outrageous

Shanahan’s In The Red

Has your wan from Hugo’s made a statement about it on RTE yet?

6 Likes

Or that Adrian Cummins mouthpiece.

Is that not literally his job?

1 Like

“The restaurant, situated by Stephen’s Green and the host of Hollywood celebrities such as Mark Wahlberg over the decades, “

Mark Wahlberg was the biggest celebrity they served?

The biggest celebrity according to that Journal hack

Mark would be a big deal tbf

I once looked at a Prada parka in there with racoon fur but it was pre smoking ban and a cigarette burn would have destroyed it such was the material.

1 Like

Must be.

How are wages relative to prices now compared to 2006?

Is he still living at home?

1 Like

Steamer

1 Like