Another casualty of the recession

Is the internet not there anymore?

+1 TC

LinkedIn is a load of bollix. Friends recommending friends etc… I get these ex colleagues recommending me for stuff I have never done…WTF? I get over 10 PM’s a weeks for jobs I have no skill set for… lazy recruitment tactics.

filtering is done by phone interview and face to face sorts the rest.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 766414, member: 686”]+1 TC

LinkedIn is a load of bollix. Friends recommending friends etc… I get these ex colleagues recommending me for stuff I have never done…WTF? I get over 10 PM’s a weeks for jobs I have no skill set for… lazy recruitment tactics.

filtering is done by phone interview and face to face sorts the rest.[/quote]

Looks like there are a lot od NO MARK low level shop boys here

Azzurri sportswear in examinership, if I read the article in the Times correctly.

Sorry to hear this, but I for one would be delighted to see Laois move away from them. The gear is pants, just rubbish.

Interim pending the full hearing. Id imagine it has a realistic prospect of success if it drops the GAA gear

I presume that’s part of the deal, blue.

Not even close, try wear a pair of their tracksuit pants, just try it. Shocking quality.

Surprised they lasted this long. Terrible customer service and their products are just not good enough.

The SuperQuinn brand is dead. Sad to see it go. All stores being rebranded as SuperValu.

It’s been a shocking month for Ranelagh with Lidl opening and SuperQuinn becoming SuperValu.

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 813430, member: 6”]The SuperQuinn brand is dead. Sad to see it go. All stores being rebranded as SuperValu.

It’s been a shocking month for Ranelagh with Lidl opening and SuperQuinn becoming SuperValu.[/quote]
This is devestating news for Peninsula residents. No way will I be shopping in a SuperValu. No fucking way.

Ah that’s awful news, just awful.

Those Musgrave cunts will live to regret this.

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 813430, member: 6”]The SuperQuinn brand is dead. Sad to see it go. All stores being rebranded as SuperValu.

It’s been a shocking month for Ranelagh with Lidl opening and SuperQuinn becoming SuperValu.[/quote]

We may as well just hand the keys of the country to the Germans if this is the sort of thing continues to happen. How could Supervalu be a stronger brand than Superquinn. Supervalu reeks of small town.

zee Germans are winning the War, Aldi in particular, wouldnt shop anywhere else, streaks are unreale!

Stephanie Meehan and her 2 kids have been sentenced to life without a partner and father.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/priory-hall-stress-drove-dad-to-suicide-29538409.html

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 824040, member: 686”]Stephanie Meehan and her 2 kids have been sentenced to life without a partner and father.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/priory-hall-stress-drove-dad-to-suicide-29538409.html[/quote]
I read that today-blood was boiling reading it. Sick fucking country.

Minister for Justice Alan Shatter has said solicitor Michael Lynn, who fled Ireland over five years ago leaving debts of more than €80 million, is facing extradition proceedings in Brazil.

The 43-year-old is being detained following a bilateral arrangement between Ireland and Brazil.

Minister Shatter welcomed the agreement between the two countries to begin negotiations on a bilateral extradition treaty.

He said they would treat extradition requests from each other on the basis of reciprocity.

The High Court in Dublin issued a warrant for Mr Lynn’s arrest and the case was sent to the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation.

The Director Public Prosecutions has directed that Mr Lynn face criminal charges.

Mr Lynn has not been seen in Ireland since a warrant was issued for his arrest five years ago after he failed to turn up in the High Court.

He moved between a number of European countries and the US before settling in Brazil.

Mr Lynn owes over €80m to at least ten financial institutions and has multiple mortgages on many of the 148 properties he is involved with.

The High Court has been told that undertakings he gave to banks to provide security for the loans have not been honoured in many cases.

Two years ago, Mr Lynn was granted permanent residency in Brazil following the birth of his son there.

Mr Lynn was arrested in Pernambuco in the northeast of the country.

Finally.

Abrakebabra in Donnybrook.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 831650, member: 129”]Finally.

Abrakebabra in Donnybrook.[/quote]

Amazingly, it was only closed to be spruced up. It’s now open and empty again. I walked by yesterday evening and Eddie Rockets was so busy there was people eating at the counter. Abra’s had 2 people in it. Both scaldy looking.

Anyway, on the subject of recession, I found this from Slate magazine from Brand New Retro from 2001: http://brandnewretro.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/web.jpg

Was economic hardship being predicted at that time too?? When was it expected to hit?? Or does it refer to the eventual 2008 recession which we all know and love.
I would’ve been 19 in 2001 and too drunk or stoned to remember.