Another casualty of the recession

He’s more of a hurler on the ditch moaner than a man of action. It’s easier that way

As does @glasagusban. That kind of the point I was making.

1 Like

He’ll be back asking questions soon enough

That’s not what I was saying though. All I said is that it’s mental that an average house is seven times the average salary. I made no judgement on people wanting one. Other eu countries have over 50% of people in long term rental and don’t seem to have the elderly wandering the streets homeless, so it works for them. I make no judgement on it.

1 Like

I suppose its 3.5 x 2 given most homes would have two incomes.

1 Like

That’s what I pointed out earlier. Seems about right to me as in house prices should broadly track incomes

I’m sorry to hear that you feel this way. Fancy a swim?

1 Like

But the bank will only lend 3.5 times joint household income. Not 3.5 times each salary.

2 Likes

I dont get what you are saying.
If I earn the average salary and my wife earns the average salary then we will get those salaries combined x 3.5.
Is that not the same thing as saying the house price is 7 times the average salary?

I’d read it as the average individual income but looking again you’re right it seems to be average household income.

That being said average industrial wage is near 40k so point still broadly stands that it doesn’t really account that almost houses these days, particularly in cities, would be bought on two incomes

It’s been this way for as long as I’ve been going to Germany. Down and outs, teenagers and pensioners all going around collecting bottles for a few quid. Could you imagine the uproar in Ireland over this from the do gooders who regularly tell us how Ireland is the worst place on earth?

There are signs as well that the European pension systems, like the Netherlands one (which is traditionally lauded), are badly creaking with negative and low interest rates and ageing populations. What worked before may not always work.

3 Likes

No of course not. But being in fine gael would. It’s fairly simple.

No fg are the politics of hate, mate. And I’m saying they’re all cunts. So the opposite of what you said really.

85 percent of the fellas on here are cunts.

Who’s the 2 that aren’t?

1 Like

My other two alias’s

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ivan-yates-i-was-a-poster-boy-for-bankruptcy-tourism-1.4174180%3Fmode=amp

1 Like

Looks like the illuminati are back on top.
Driink it in taxpayer.

1 Like

@Mac

Another TFK exclusive

1 Like