Another casualty of the recession

Surely that wouldn’t last long and the place would have cctv and it would easily be tracked down who done it?

You’d have thought so. They’d surely notice even wan Xbox

Twould want to be some mickey mouse system not to spot the stock falling and register staying the same. And then not to figure out where they went.

Usually it’s tricky to catch out a big fish

Smyth’s was the same before Xmas, consoles lashing out the backdoor.

Same with champion sports or whatever the other one on William st was for runners. In try them on, meet him after work and pay half price.

They were all at it but I’d imagine security a lot tighter in recent times

1 Like

The staff discount is different.

I don’t think staff discount as generous as 50% off 20+ pairs of tackies over a weekend for a part time worker!!

It’s 33% in running bear. My cousin’s lad works there and always offers to get me runners, but I didn’t want to get him in trouble as it’s a small shop (albeit run by an very wealthy lady as a hobby almost).

600 job losses is nothing to be sniffed at. As many have said, I’d say the Amazon model of being able to get things posted killed a lot of physical stores. I cant remember the last time I got something there.

1 Like

I got caught badly on Christmas Eve when my imaginary wife called me looking to pick up Christmas Crackers while I was in town. Hit deadends left right and centre before I thought of Argos. Quick look on the phone, ultra deluxe crackers for beans waiting for me in Argos. God bless them.

3 Likes

All i can think about when reading your yarn is this. The imaginary Christmas was ruined

Is that yourself? Have you a youtube channel now? Fair fucks.

Every gobshite has a podcast or YouTube now. Straight from the bedroom or basement. You know yourself

I just didnt realise you were a smart enough gobshite to have one of your own.

Its in the Acast adverts - start your own podder. No intelligent or public appeal required

Have you many subscribers?

I dont look at numbers. Theres a zero.

On a youtube channel?

I knew an April, a May and a June. Never a July.

I think the model would have been under pressure anyway, but everything they sold was just a bit shit as well, as in quality wise, which definitely didn’t help.

They already closed two in Limerick and were down to one. So to have 40 left they must have had a huge amount at one stage.

Adapt or die