Another casualty of the recession

Most places should do Long Blacks instead of Americanos.

The quality of coffee in Dublin is overall not too bad I’d say.

Yes, there’s often a protracted journey to getting authentic ethnic cuisine in a city. It might start authentic, then scaled back to suit the palates of the locals, then the appetite for authentic fare emerges and can eventually be sustained economically. To be fair, if all the indian and thai joints in any country in europe all switched to the level of chili they use in their home country’s cooking, they’d all be on the dole queue within a month.

Two of the Tolteca’s I was in were absolute shite with horrible over cooked meat and dreadful hygiene

I think they were acquired by PE.

Same as Boojum.

There’s a noticeable decline from this naturally. And unlike a McDonalds, it’s harder to streamline without it becoming messy. Food delivery apps will have made things worse. The staff really need to care.

Chipotle in the US is now utterly dreadful.

1 Like

The burrito culture thing largely comes from people who went on J1s. It’s one of the reasons why the majority of them were/are south of the river as that’s where most of the students have historically been.

I think it’s a bit different as burrito joins are essentially a US spin on Mexican food culture.

They’re pretty well established now. Though there were too many of them and the costs in them have shot up. I’d say they’ve lost the college affordable edge they had.

1 Like

Makes sense.

[quote="Alphakrul1, . To be fair, if all the indian and thai joints in any country in europe all switched to the level of chili they use in their home country’s cooking, they’d all be on the dole queue within a month.
[/quote]

And we’d all be using our holes as an exhaust pipe

1 Like

coffee with milk or sugar :face_vomiting:

Can someone tell the uneducated on these things, what does a good barista bring to the party? Surely the quality of the bean is more than 80% of the outcome?

If your Irish and you drink coffee there’s a good chance
Your a cunt

Aeropress is your only man for home coffee (bean or bought ground)

1 Like

Mcdonalds coffee here is very good. Got it in the US, utter shite didnt have cappuccinos at all, a black coffee or fancy flavoured shite

I find the Clever Dripper better.

I’d prefer a drink who weaved it’s way peacefully from Ethiopia to Italy via the middle east in the 16th century than a drink inherited from the butchers across the pond picked up from their bludgeoning of India. I feel historically, like less of a cunt.

5 Likes

The Burrito War in Limerick was great craic.
All we’ve left now is Boojum. A tenner for an average Burrito.

Kieran Wallace getting the gigs already.

https://twitter.com/thecurrency/status/1753111964551917833?s=46&t=mqzTzgmAsmn_yRTvOWvmPg

Only the start of it.

Sure that against the grain place was nonsense

1 Like

Why is that?

Doesn’t serve normal beer or normal food

It went against the grain alright

5 Likes