Another casualty of the recession

They just got carried away. Only so many of the same place you can make money in.

The problem with being cool is cool changes

I’d say there issue was less with the places, which mostly seemed busy, and more with the amount of debt raised to expand so quickly and fit out places to a very high standard. Then the double whammy of interest rates going up and margins compressing due to inflation and the numbers just didn’t work anymore.

1 Like

Here’s the corporate structure that the Currency showed for the group by the way. Mad stuff. Good luck to all the separate lenders looking to disentangle that

3 Likes

That paid a very large amount of money to set that up and to maintain it

That’s exactly what I was thinking.

Some pain in the hole.

Up compliance.

1 Like

Is Paddy McKillen Jnr a good operator or just a lad who got handed a load of money

4 Likes

I think they had a really good vision.

The Stella in Rathmines is outstanding. I think their hotels and rooftop bars were slick looking and fed a market where there was nothing there.

Some of the stuff they did was just apeing other countries. The kitschy bars like Marys trying to ape that one in Dingle were a bit much.

The fact is though that from a funders perspective it was a property play to inflate Oakmount property values. That’s why it seems fairly unwieldy.

That circuit is a clear fire hazard.

Its smashing. Does it make it money tho?

I’d say it does. Hard to get tickets for there. Gets use all day as well with parent / baby showings.

Wagamama gone with immediate effect. Tried and failed to restructure franchise agreement.

PwC average UK partner pay falls to €1m as sales growth slows

Mounting costs dent profits at big four accounting firm

Price Waterhouse Coopers’ Bristol Offices in Somerset. Photograph: iStock

Wed Sep 25 2024 - 12:24

PwC’s UK partners took home an average of £862,000 (€1,030,097) this year, a drop on the previous 12 months as sales growth at the big four accounting firm slowed and rising costs dented profits.

Partners at the UK firm, which also encompasses its Middle East operations, received a 5 per cent pay cut on average as total revenue growth slowed to 9 per cent compared with 16 per cent in 2023 amid a more difficult economic backdrop.

The firm’s performance was bolstered by its business in the Middle East, which reported a 26 per cent surge in sales, compared with a rise of just 3 per cent in the UK. Total profits for PwC UK also fell 14 per cent to £1.1 billion during the year to June after staff costs swelled by nearly a fifth during the period. Total revenues for the year came in at £6.3 billion.

PwC is the first of the big four to publish a breakdown of its UK results for the 2024 fiscal year. Rivals are also expected to report a slowdown in growth as a difficult economic environment prompted companies to cut spending.

1 Like

Blanch one may be repurposed as anothe restaurant but there is already a Captain Americas downstairs (that also does Elephant & Castle and Dollard pizza takeaway)

1 Like

A sad day. I was a fan.

I hear St Stephens Green may stay

Shit for the staff. Lot of young students and many foreign who’ll be worried now.

1 Like

Is that global?

It was announced as a TFK exclusive but given the traffic here it will go global

3 Likes

The Hard pressed group cutting losses

No only Dublin stores owned by the press up group who are undergoing a hard restructuring after getting a bit carried away with themselves.

1 Like

They operate here under a franchise from UK. I assume they were trying to get better terms under receivership and failed.

Not inconceivable it will come back. Press Up still have the locations - just not the franchise.