Another casualty of the recession

Big money to be made in Saudi these days

I presume press ups dad has the premises?

Leased from large shopping centers so no.

Would these leases be more than cost neutral?
They seem to be bandied about as an asset.

i hope this doesnt affect the stella

Full open market rent Id assume, so in theory there should be no capital value in the lease and if there was that would be wiped out at the next rent review (every 5 years). The Stephen’s Green centre lease is there since old Gods time so that would be an upwards only rent, so that could well have a negative capital value.
There used be a school of thought that in the hospitality business a well located lease should have a capital value but I’d say that’s long since no longer the case.

2 Likes

It should no longer be the case but you’d still have fellas looking for key money for leases on vacant units… There are plenty businesses operating from leasehold units that could sell their business, lease included and it would be an asset in that business a well located pharmacy for example

1 Like

Just seeing this now. Brilliant!

Also - look at Grimsey in the row above the rod with a line through him.

1 Like

Inanimate carbon rod above Homer in the org chart, jokes no one would even see.

2 Likes

Famed Dublin fashion outlet Alias Tom goes into liquidation amid mounting losses

Always wondered how this place kept going - their prices were extortionate but maybe a low volume of huge mark ups kept it afloat.

1 Like

I’d never heard of it.

1 Like

You probably know it by a different name

10 Likes

Marathon?
Opal Fruits?
Datsun?
Alias Tommy Carr?

1 Like

An uncle in law of mine worked in there close to 50 years ago. Was never inside the door but I would imagine a well got man about town like @Fagan_ODowd has an item or two from there

I passed it loads of times and went in once or twice during the “sales” but I never bought a stitch out of it. Ditto the place down the street, Michael Barrie. I always got the impression that these places were servicing a clientele more twinkly than me.

In this context, “twinkly” is used to describe a clientele that is more sophisticated, stylish, or perhaps more affluent than the speaker. It suggests that the customers of these places have a certain sparkle or charm that the speaker feels they lack. Essentially, it conveys a sense of exclusivity and a higher social status.

1 Like

Essentially ChatNCC, their clothes weren’t designed for my more rustic frame.

3 Likes

The prices were always outrageous

Shanahan’s In The Red