Another casualty of the recession

Slatterys was quiet enough last Friday night also. Rodys was packed however. I had a surprisingly good night in Solas on the saturday. Hadn’t been in there in about 3/4 years before that and couldn’t stand the place.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]
Pizza Hut is closed down.[/quote]

There was never anyone in that place, I’m surprised it stayed afloat for so long. O Brien’s sandwich shop is also closed down

I have passed Solas alot recently between 9-10 midweek and on many occasions there has been quite literally no one in there. I was in half a dozen pubs around there last night and Whelans was about the busiest.

Is the Madison in Rathmines shut? It was closed tonight but said it was due to a power cut.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]
Is the Madison in Rathmines shut? It was closed tonight but said it was due to a power cut.[/quote]

I passed by it at lunchtime one of the midweek days last week and it looked like they were doing some light renovations to the place. I’m nearly sure I’ve seen a for sale / for let sign on that place recently.

Did you ever drink in the place across the road from Pizza Hut SS, I can’t think of the name of it? If so, is it any good?

Hynes’s / Grace’s no it’s gash. Run of the mill boozer, no young wans.

As suspected. One of the lads suggested it for Friday evening pints a couple of weeks ago but it was met with groans of disapprovement.

How old is he? 60? Not been in there in years, doubt it’s changed.

Its a hole of a spot, clannish as fuck too. Once is enough ever to darken that door.

they do a fine breakfast there, which has been the only time I ever went in there. Bit of breakfast, watch a noon kickofff game, and head along to somewhere else once recouperated after the night before to start it all again.

Having had the experience of seeing the back of Hoynes/Graces once, I hope you enjoyed that breakfast.

ha! yeah, sure its like anywhere, a dirty greasy fry up in the morning after a nights boozing and you’d eat anything.:stuck_out_tongue:

You wouldnt say that if you saw this place.

I think he was just looking for an alternative to Slatterys, Rodys or Mother Reillys. Toast probably would have been the best alternative. I haven’t been there in years however.

Anyone remember Swamp Critters? Those were the days.

Indeed but does anyone remember the original Rats Inn?

The first time I ever saw live sex; in their doorway. It was a prefab looking building with 15 or more bouncers outside. Think McGonagles circa '86. Around the corner, was a brothel, again another first; it was the first House (of flats) that I ever saw that had a video camera outside.

But them Flames burgers …

speaking of brothels, I remember I was down playing pool in the place there on Rathmines road beside the Renault dealership place (now gone tho unfortunately) and there was a brothel directly opposite being raided. Was some laugh. All these skanky looking hoes getting fooked out on the street by gardai and they shoulting and roaring abuse. few of us int he pool hall went out and started roaring abuse at them for the craic, and then it was on the fecking news that night, and could hear all of us in the background shouting at them!

Just as well yez went for a game of pool before going in there then wasn’t it?!

:slight_smile:

what a dump…that and nightowls used to attract some filth through their doors…remember one paddys day about 8 years ago walking past swamp critters… there must have been a right tear-up inside.there was about 4 squad cars and 2 ambulances outside the place and lads walking around the pavement split open…

I know! we were stuck for something to do in the evening tho, so think we ended up going to coppers instead. not much in the difference I suppose really.