Another casualty of the recession

Never went into Pal Joey. Was turned away alright one night late doors. I hope SPY shuts down aswell after they wouldn’t let me and my ‘scruffy’ mate in.

[quote=“sid waddell”]What other Dublin pubs have shut down recently?
At the moment I am aware of:
Parnell Mooney
Conway’s
Tramco
The Tram - James St
Cocoon - good riddance
walked past Cafe En Seine last Monday night and it was shut so hopefully it won’t be far behind. Ended up there one night before Christmas and it was as bad as I had remebered.[/quote]

Did I hear Ron Blacks was closed?

Hard to believe the Parnell Mooney has closed. I used walk past to work every day for a year and there was always a crowd of scum inside and outside wearing the obligatory Glasgow Celtic uniforms. Is there some supporter club pubs on Parnell St? The whole street was always thronged with them.

Was in Tramco a good few nights. Used to be full on local 18 howya’s with skirts like belts.

Very surprised that Cafe en Seine is gone. Was absolutely rammed the last couple of times I was there.

[quote=“KIB man”]Hard to believe the Parnell Mooney has closed. I used walk past to work every day for a year and there was always a crowd of scum inside and outside wearing the obligatory Glasgow Celtic uniforms. Is there some supporter club pubs on Parnell St? The whole street was always thronged with them.
[/quote]

Very surprised too, I used to get the bus past there and it was always busy looking. You would often see some form of a scuffle going on outside it.

Ron Blacks? Thats where TwentyMajor does his boozin.

Ron’s is still open. Was even in there saturday night but it was half empty. There was an old lad there ordering two pint of Guinness for himself at a time. Was some fit looking women in there I must say.

I was on the piss in Cafe en Seine last Friday week and it was very much open then. I thought the 6 for a pint was ridiculous until I was in Fitzsimon’s in Temple Bar last Friday and paid 6.20.
I didn’t mind paying it though as I was surrounded by hot, gamey foreign birds. Not only will I be back this weekend, I may even try a midweek excursion too.

[quote=“Thrawneen”]I was on the piss in Cafe en Seine last Friday week and it was very much open then. I thought the 6 for a pint was ridiculous until I was in Fitzsimon’s in Temple Bar last Friday and paid 6.20.
I didn’t mind paying it though as I was surrounded by hot, gamey foreign birds. Not only will I be back this weekend, I may even try a midweek excursion too.[/quote]

Which - Cafe En Seine or Fitzsimons?

I’d heard otherwise, must check my sources.

€6 is not over the top when you consider the Hairy Lemon is €5.80 a pint and closes early and it doesn’t attract Latvian, Lithuanian or Russian birds to the same extent. The Russians ladies I know virtually live in Ron Blacks and Cafe En Seine.

Fitzsimon’s.

Lots of Brasilian’s in there as well as the Euro contingent.

They don’t like when you’re hammered anyway so a few cans beforehand and you won’t (ideally) be buying too many of those 6.20 pints.

Haven’t heard a good report of Fitzsimons in a long time but it may be time to give it another try

[quote=“Thrawneen”]Fitzsimon’s.

Lots of Brasilian’s in there as well as the Euro contingent.

They don’t like when you’re hammered anyway so a few cans beforehand and you won’t (ideally) be buying too many of those 6.20 pints.[/quote]

sunday nights in fitzsimons is always full of foreign birds…
Ri Ra’s of a saturday night too…

I dislike Fitzsimons intensely. Always seems to be full of knackerball merchants and Brit stag parties.

Was in Ri Ra last Friday and it was gay night! Biggest waste of a tenner ever, fooked off after 2 minutes!

gay night on a friday??..jesus that would have been a trap I could easily have walked into…the place must have been dying a death if they’ve sold out to the pink pound on a friday night…

[quote=“myboyblue”]WOuld never have thought much of Toast or Slatts. Slatt always struck me as a clannish shitehole, and Toast for a place that was the fucking Station was always full of reprehensible cunts imo.

I was more of a Rodys man and loved the pre rennovated Tramco. Many happy memories there. The Porto wasn’t bad on occasion, as was the Barge, but Rodys and Tramco were home.[/quote]

The wifes sister went with a Mayo man for a long time who was welded to a barstool in Slatterys for 80% of his waking hours,i got to know the place and its regulars very well during that time,its a grand spot but yer right about the place,a clique seemed to rule the place.Herself lived 1 minute up the footpath from Rodys and twas another regular haunt of mine,the Barge was my favourite though,i miss those weekends away from the sticks where i live…

The Barge is not what it was. A good summer and it is ok but it can be very dead on many weekends, especially downstairs.

Having never been until last Friday I would have assumed that to be the case. Indeed we only went to get rowdy and have a laugh as it was my birthday night out.
However, when I was out having a smoke I noticed the bouncers seemed very fussy about who was getting in and sure enough, inside there was zero Brits and very few groups of lads in general.
I’ll be sure to report back after my next visit anyway.

Was on Rathmines Watch tonight, business in Toast was acceptable, brisk trade. Slatterys was very quiet. Rodys was dead, a few lads down the back watching the match but embarrassingly quiet, nothing like the halcyon days when any sort of tw’pence ha’penny match would have the place packed.

Pizza Hut is closed down.