Another horrific accident in Donegal

[QUOTE=“cmontofuck, post: 1059529, member: 2737”]Yeah - read that series of articles.

This fucker - totally drunk - hops into his car and drives at high speed on the wrong side of the road. A car had to swerve into the hard shoulder to avoid him - this driver said that if there hadn’t been a hard shoulder he would have been dead.

Unfortunately, the drunk turn the car around, speeds back up the road on the correct side for a while but veers across and ploughs into a taxi, killing himself and the taxi driver.

Basically he was a ricocheting bullet on that road that night.[/QUOTE]

Was very good article. 120 mph he was doing. Coked up as well wasn’t had according to the coroners report

Don’t you dare call me a townie cunt. Some people lost more than others, and one fella has practically got away with murder.

Get fucked

I’ll have you

Yawn

@massey ferguson knows the score here. :clap:

Dreadful

4 young wans killed in a crash in athy last night, on the way back to college

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/four-young-women-killed-in-athy-co-kildare-crash-1.2057533

This seems awfully tragic and very strange

Terrible news. Very strange.

This is very strange altogether. So the driver asked a bystander top call the coast guard while the vehicle was still on terra firma? The baby was handed it the window while the other 5 slowly sent down with the car. Very tragic.

it might have all happened a lot quicker than how the man described it on the radio, but still it’s odd that some of the kids at least didn’t get out another window. It was harrowing listening the eye witness account of the car bobbing on the water for a while before sinking.

Would car doors be very hard open when submerged under water?

Was listening to this on the news. Awful tragedy it was upsetting listening to the guy describe what he saw on the radio this morning. The guy said it is like ice on that part and seemingly the car slid in. He said one of the occupants in the car was shouting out the window to call the coastguard. Another local dived in swan out to car and managed to save a 2 month old baby.

RIP.

Location of accident:

Yeah apparently so. I think its got to do with water pressure preventing the door from opening until there is an equilibrium of pressure. Even rolling down the windows would require a great deal of exertion, more than a child could muster anyway.

2 Likes

Most windows would be electric now, certainly in a Q7.

True, though again I’d say the water and pressure would effect the electronics and the motors ability to work.

that is correct blake
obviously not talking from personal experince or anything but it would be virtually physically impossible due to the differential between the pressure outside the car and inside the car
The inside/outside pressure will eventually equalize, but it won’t happen just as soon as the car fills up with water. It takes a bit longer, so long that you’ll likely drown before it happens.
The window is your best chance for escape. If the waterline has not risen past the windows, automatic windows don’t immediately short circuit underwater. But as the car sinks, the pressure of the water will prevent you from rolling them down. This is even the case with manual windows… i would think ,
its basic physics and we did it in first year Mech Eng from my memory

Mythbusters did a series of experiments on this very issue.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/open-the-door-of-a-sinking-car/