Another horrific accident in Donegal

I believe they were all in their 20’s? Old enough to know better than to get into a car like that imo. I feel for the other man and his family, an innocent.

The person I feel the most for is the poor auld lad that was in the other car minding his own business and gets taking out of it by idiots in the other car. That poor mans family is who I feel sorry for. Maybe now some of the idiots in Donegal will cope the fuck on and start respecting the rules of the road.

They did take a poor innocent with them. They ploughed into and killed a 67 year old man.

The driver of the passat is still alive.

You’re an unfunny John Merrick. Vroom vroom.

Horrendous stuff. Probably an argument for local education initiatives alright. I know lads who are cops up there and they’d all say the problem is endemic.

Very doubtful Taz. It’s not like this is the first multiple death car accident up there in recent years.

I had read it wrong originally, I didnt realise there was a fatality in the other car, this makes it all the fucking worse for me. What a shower of fucks these guys were

Eight killed in Co Donegal road crash
Monday, 12 July 2010 10:55
Eight people have died in a two-car crash on the Buncrana to Clonmany road in Co Donegal.

Seven men in a black Volkswagen Passat, along with the driver of a second car a red Toyota Corolla, were killed in the crash.

The driver of the Passat was taken to Letterkenny General Hospital with serious injuries.

The eight occupants of the Passat ranged in ages from their late teens to their early 20s; the driver of the Corolla was a man in his 60s.

The crash happened at around 10.40pm last night.

It is believed that a car first collided with another vehicle but no-one was injured and it travelled on towards Buncrana and was involved in a second collision a few hundred yards later when all eight were killed.

The road is expected to remain sealed off for some time. A forensic examination of the scene is underway.

Gardaí are appealing for anyone who was in the area or who was travelling on the Buncrana to Clonmany road between 10pm and 11pm to contact Buncrana Garda Station on 074-9320540.

The driver is still alive.

Yea, just corrected myself, I had heard it wrong on the radio. Fucking animals.

Scumbag comments above aside, its a tragedy, but its isolated enough lads. Accidents and deaths are down a fair bit. Maybe they have taken the eye off the ball a bit with all the back clapping, but things have improved. They might need to ramp up the campaign again.

Obviously its foolish to be driving around with 8 in a car, but to not feel sorry for the young people, and the impression i’m getting is ye are happy they got killed because of it, as in they deserved it, is crazy. It shows the level of some of the people on this site.

We’ve all done silly things when young, that if they took a different turn maybe we wouldn’t be here. Most of the time its luck.

Horseshite.

I’d say the average IQ of Donegal went up slightly last night. Boy racers generally aren’t the brightest bunch of people.

MBB, I’d say the only reason why the driver is still alive is because he is the only one that could have been wearing a seat belt. None of the other 7 could have been safely strapped in in that car, they didn’t stand a chance. I don’t think passats are built for carrying 8 people. I wonder if the guards will bring any charges against the driver?

Yea, that would have been my thinking on it too Taz. Wouldnt surprise me to see the driver locked up, he’s responsible for his car, and it was overcrowded and has led to the death of an innocent man.

As I said above, I have sympathy for the families of those involved, but absolutely none for the 8 in the Passat. Sid got it right I’d say.

Was there drink involved in this?

Havent heard Sid, but if there was you wont hear much about it I’d say. Hush hush, etc. Those boys in Donegal dont need drink to drive like lunatics anyway.

Well the young fella who was the driver involved in that crash in the Silvermines at Christmas a few years back was recently jailed for 2 years so it’s very likely that some kind of charges will be pressed.

He will have to live with what he has done for the rest of his life which will be far worse than any two year jail sentance and drving ban, the responsibility for eight deaths…

2 years thinking about it in jail will do him no harm to boot.

I haven’t heard any mention of Drink being involved yet.

You fucking empty headed cunt.

I hope you never have to deal with the aftermath of a tragedy like the families of those involved
in this have to.