Another horrific accident in Donegal

It must be hearbreaking up around that area this morning.
That could have been over half a clubs football team or nearly an entire soccer team wiped out in one go. Frightening to think about, it could be up to 16 parents coming to terms with losing a child right now. Also the emergency services arriving on the scene must be deeply shocked by it all as I’d imagine in a place like that they would surely have none at least some of the victims involved.

Runt, I am sure it is heartbreaking for everyone around that area this morning. But the question is could this have been avoidable? Should 8 lads have been travelling in one car?

Of course it could have been avoidable. A fact which will probably make it all harder for the families left behind to cope with it.

The driver cunt deserves a long fucking spell behind bars.

Boy racers = scum

Jim McDaid was on radio earlier talking about this accident. That man has some neck. Is it any wonder things like this happen in Donegal when the simpletons up there still elect cunts like him.

I thought it a bit odd and bordering on insulting to have to listen to the local TD Mr McDaid offer his tuppence on Radio 1 at lunchtime.

:angry:

RTE have released the names of those killed:

The eight people who died have been named as Hugh Friel, 66, who was driving the red Toyota Corolla. In the other car Paul Doherty,19, Ciaran Sweeney,19, Mark McLaughlin, 21, Eamon McDaid, 22, Patrick PJ McLaughlin, 21,Damian McLaughlin, 21,
James McElleney, 23.

3 lads sharing the same surname, could be a whole set of cousins/brothers wiped out.

Interesting you used the word killed instead of dead.

RIP Hugh Friel.

That I wholeheartedly agree with. :clap:

RIP Hugh.

It is outside the 8-4 posting hours… please leave the building !

In Donegal at the moment lads raving around the shitty roads all weekend. Can see why it happens so often up here.

I’d put speed limiters on cars too. Zero reason not to have them.

your one fucking horrible bollox

I had 9 in a car one night when I was 18, I got a major speed wobble and nearly crashed the fcuking thing between Emly and Hospital. Alot of lads in a car seriously fucks with the controls. I wasn’t drunk or anything I was just an eejit but one of the lads robbed the keys on me after anyway and drove around the pitch in Hospital and nearly knocked a lad down on the 21 yard line. I finally got the keys back off the cunt after.

I’d say the only way you’d get through to the boy racers in Donegal is getting the rally drivers to come out and condemn cowboying with a public campaign.

8 people.

Fucking hell.

Terrible, terrible tragedy.

The lady in the Megane must feel like her time wasn’t up yet. The poor pensioner though.

Just horrific.

why the fuck hasnt Flano’s comment been deleted yet?? :angry:
fuck sake. moderators on this site are a fucking joke.
Flano the cunt, should be fucked off this site. what a fucking sick cunt

At least if you were near Hospital when you crashed you would have had a much better chance of survival. That’s responsible reckless driving.

Beep beep. Out of the way.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Flano forever Noddy never !

The sole survivor of the Donegal crash which claimed the lives of 8 men remains in a stable condition in hospital this morning.

The families of 2 of the victims are preparing to buried their loved ones tomorrow.

The stretch of road between Buncrana and Clonmany where this tragedy happened remains sealed off for a 2nd day as Gardai continue their investigations into the crash.

7 of the victims were between the ages of 19 and 23 and had been watching the World Cup finals prior to the collision.

They were packed into a Volkswagon Passat when it hit a Toyota Corolla killing the 66 year old driver.

Their devastated families are now preparing to bury their loved ones.

The funerals of two of the victims Mark and PJ McLaughlin will take place in Fahan tomorrow.

Meanwhile the sole survivor of the crash remains in critical but stable condition at Letterkenny General Hospital.

Local TD Jim McDaid attended 3 of the removals last night.

“The removals yesterday were just packed with so many young people” he said.

“I didn’t realise there were so many young people in Inishowen…and they were all there”.

“It was tragic you know to see them all there; everyone of them with red eyes and crying”.

“You had to be there to get the feeling of what exactly happened” he added.

Deputy Mayor of Donegal Padraig McLoughlin says local authorities must continue to educate young people about road safety.

“The challenge is there again for us” he said.

“It never goes away; the lesson for us is no matter what you do you, every generation you have to teach young people that their lives are fragile within that car” he added.