Anthony 'Dalo' Daly

Plays to the gallery but knows his stuff.

He does not come across that way, no

1 Like

say what you want about Landers, he collected the Liam McCarthy as a captain. the man must have something about him

The klaxon went out across the Lee

2 Likes

He was captain because of the rule that the county champions selected the captain no?

He called Cork out on performances over the past few years.

Divisional team won county

imokilly won the county. His club were intermediate i think at the time and he captained cork to an All Ireland. He’s a lot of things but that is a remarkable achievement, especially in Cork and he wasn’t liked for it amongst the established

And delivered one of the greatest speeches. A shame he has turned into a proper spoof now.

Dalo even out-speeches him ffs

6 of 1 half dozen of another. Both are equally shite now but I guess Daly still actually watches a few games.

It says a lot when Teege Whacktics Ryan is the most astute of the lot on it.

I’ve listened to a few episodes during the league, they’ll have to extend it to three hours when championship comes round and they actually have something to analyse.

1 Like

Tommy Walsh could judge the flight of a ball in an absolutely freaky way. I never saw anything like it. He seemed a second ahead of any other player. High ball down his way was pointless, worse, because king Henry (of Galway) knew what was coming and was moving into space already.

2 Likes

Yes the 9 time All Ireland winner and 9 all star winner Tommy Walsh was a very good hurler alright

3 Likes

Different though innit.

Tommy Walsh was the greatest ever hurler I’ve seen. He’d everything.

3 Likes

He’d a lovely way of lamping the ball forward over his showlder without looking. Twas lucky Kilkenny had such good forwards at winning 50/50 ball.

He is one of the greats for sure. As a Tipp man I dont mind saying it. He had everything and could play in many different positions. He went to UCC around the time I was there. I first caught glimpse of him in the Mardyke hurling Fitzgibbon. The college paper had a bloodied Terry Butcher like image of Walsh with blood streaming down his head in one image of him hurling. We were coming to end of era of no helmets at that stage. I was fascinated by him. He could clearly enjoy himself and at that time seemed to be playing a different game to the supporting cast around him. A leap like a Gazelle and even the strike of the hurley sounded different. He seemed to be omnipresent. I know they will argue between TJ and Shefflin till the cows come home but pound for pound Walsh was surely as good as any of them.

16 Likes

What does he do for the 9 to 5?

The bank

1 Like