Anti Dublin bias and vitriol thread

You get some of those articles from time to time. “Things only Dublin folk say” etc, as if the rest of the country gives a fuck.

McGregor getting money set back Dublin 20 years

2 Likes

Not unlike how Dublin getting money set the GAA back 30 years.

Wooly used to laugh at Dublin football. He’s not laughing now.

Albeit he was one of the beneficiaries of the money sloshing round Dublin clubs but that’s another story.

Woolie is a great man for running with the hares and the hounds*

*I am in no way condoning the weirdos who do this.

Here’s a doozy. All the whack job racists in ireland are dubs apparently.

1 Like

Dublin is amongst the best of them. Awaiting breakfast.

2 Likes

No they just suit the role far more

A Venn diagram of “characters on the Hill”, the lads recording scuffles at water charges protests on mobile phones, and Far Right blow hards would be a circle.

1 Like

I used to work in the Central Bank and lived on Stephen’s St. 5 minute walk. Flex time so could start anytime between 7.30 and 10am. I was always bursting in the door wheezing to get the clock in before a post 10am infraction. Coffee break at 10:30 where a tea lady would arrive with a trolley with cups,tea, coffee and a selection of biscuits. It was handy but Jesus I left out of boredom. The 32 hour week just dragged.

4 Likes

You’re nuts. That right there is living the dream.

Between @mikehunt and @dancarter I’m starting to suspect how the Banking Crisis happened

5 Likes

Crash didn’t happen on my watch.

I was young and rash but it was just incredibly boring.

I expected nothing less from a canny operator.

Not that you didnt contribute to it, simply that you’d blame the other guy.

The rule usually is, the closer we live to the workplace…the later we are.

My brief stint with flexi-time was a waste. I set my target at -4 hours. So if I owed them 5 hours, I’d work an extra 1. But if I only owed them 3, i effectively was owed an hour and would leave early.

Naturally I was promoted pretty quickly

2 Likes

So the less flex you take the better the chance of promotion?

In eleven months I never took a flexi day and was never in positive in the flexi clock.

You’d want to be incredibly disciplined to work up the flex alright. I found sickies to be a better option. Well, I did until I went golfing one day when it was cloudy. Breeze picked up and got scalded. Took a few days extra cos I was scarlet but sure I was bronze going back in.

7 Likes