Anyone getting pissed tonight?

And you could have gone back to the room to hit the minibar afterwards too.

What can you do? Sure, thereā€™ll be other times.

Iā€™d advise him to bring his mac. Itā€™s very wet here.
I had planned on wandering aimlessly around the pubs on quay street/shop street but itā€™s just too wet to bother.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]And you could have gone back to the room to hit the minibar afterwards too.

What can you do? Sure, thereā€™ll be other times.[/quote]

To be honest Iā€™d be a bit worried about meeting Farmer. He could decide I drank my Guinness in a ridiculous fashion and have one of his freak outs.

[quote=ā€œfenwayparkā€]there is no craic drinking at home imho. nice to get out hear a few tunes and soak up the atmosphere.

giving current economic climate i can see more and more people pursuing that option ss.[/quote]

I know yeah Iā€™m the same, I really dislike drinking at home unless itā€™s a party or something. The price difference is staggering though.

These vintners must be having a laugh with their price freeze. Theyā€™d need to cut prices by 20% to bring people back to the pubs. God be with the days when youā€™d have a few watching matches during the week, I think theyā€™ve sold themselves down a drain with their 6 and 7 pints.

Iā€™m not gonna lie to you Runt - it could happen.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Sledge, have you been getting pissed at home so far?

Runt, Farmerā€™s in Galway tomorrow and Friday - PM him to meet for pints in the hotel bar tomorrow night.[/quote]

Getting pissed slowly but surely yeah

full bottle of chablis left over from last friday has gone down a treat with the big alā€™s quarter pounders

[quote=ā€œSHANNONSIDER**ā€]I know yeah Iā€™m the same, I really dislike drinking at home unless itā€™s a party or something. The price difference is staggering though.

These vintners must be having a laugh with their price freeze. Theyā€™d need to cut prices by 20% to bring people back to the pubs. God be with the days when youā€™d have a few watching matches during the week, I think theyā€™ve sold themselves down a drain with their 6 and 7 pints.[/quote]

I remeber is college pints of murphys for 1.50 so you could go up during the week, watch a match and it would only cost you 6 or 7 quid.

Although gettting into this with an old man like you is pointless, You can probably remember getting 3 pints for a shilling or something :slight_smile:

Your insides must be in ribbons Sledge. Big Alā€™s quarter poundersā€¦yeeuchhh

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]And you could have gone back to the room to hit the minibar afterwards too.

What can you do? Sure, thereā€™ll be other times.[/quote]

Have to love the oul minibar, I remember in Estonia a few years ago, checking out of the hotel, your man puts our card in the meter and the thing nearly explodes, starts spewing out a big roll of paper, your man clears his throat and says ā€œminibar minibar minibar minibar minibar minibar minibar pay TV pay TV minibar pay TV pay TV minibar minibar pay TV pay TV minibar minibar pay TV pay TV minibar pay TVā€, jesus we had to interrupt him and then offered him the equivalent of a score and he accepted, result :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]I remeber is college pints of murphys for 1.50 so you could go up during the week, watch a match and it would only cost you 6 or 7 quid.

Although gettting into this with an old man like you is pointless, You can probably remember getting 3 pints for a shilling or something :)[/quote]

remember going out in college with 20 content that i had enough for 10 pints:)

Youā€™re right about a few midweek pints to watch a match SS*. A kind of 7.30pm to 10.30pm job and 4 or 5 pints would have been a regular thing a couple of years ago but I just donā€™t do that anymore.

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]I remeber is college pints of murphys for 1.50 so you could go up during the week, watch a match and it would only cost you 6 or 7 quid.

Although gettting into this with an old man like you is pointless, You can probably remember getting 3 pints for a shilling or something :)[/quote]

Kids these days, it was 1 a drink when I was in first year

1 a drink in Peigā€™s of Kildare Street.

Oh Peig, what happened? Remember how the dancefloor used to be all sticky and slippery from all the sick. From lads being sick all over the place. They were the glory days

It was 1 a drink in Temple of Sound in Limerick of a Monday night. A seriously dodgy hole of a club.

It was also 1 a drink in the Globe of a Tuesday night, but I got barred from there after my first visit.

Aye, the publicans got greedy then and took the pub away from the common man. I only remember Fosters and Beamish at 1.50. There was also the Fosters Dollars promotion.

Funny how you routinely get free beers, shots and cocktails in an American bar but you get nothing off an Irish bar except a grunt.

Have you had any parley with the representatives of The 51 lately, young man? Are ye locked in a sort of Stalingrad war of attrition? Who will blink first?

Jesus thatā€™s the first time I heard of Fosters dollars in a long time, they had them in the old bar in UCD but I thought that was the only place they did them

duffys & gibneys in the fingal riviera used to do them

came in very handy for the free pint

Oh god no, I cashed in plenty of them in the River Inn in Galway many a night.