Anyone getting pissed tonight?

I think this a phoney war that Bandage is staging with the 51, just to hide the fact that heā€™s no longer capable of the all day sessions he used to conduct there.

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]duffys & gibneys in the fingal riviera used to do them

came in very handy for the free pint[/quote]

Gibneys is a good spot, we took it over after the cup game earlier this year

Are you off work this week Sledge?

Phony war eh, Heā€™s going to have an impromptu football game with the barmen on Baggot St bridge on Christmas day

its good when your pissed & its good in the summer if its sunny
the bar is ok for matches at times

prefer smyths for a more relaxed pint

wrights have opened a bar beside gibneys now

Will they be exchanging chocolate and cigarettes, sledge?

I posted the video of that song the other day. Christmas 1915. Great stuff.

Ha!

No movement in the dispute lately SS**. Iā€™m due to respond to their last letter but I havenā€™t got around to it yet.

Peigs was a legend of a place. 1 a drink but youā€™d spent 7 or 8 at the bar cos youā€™d have to queue for an hour to get served. The palace on Camden street when I was in second year went 1.50 a drink on all drinks apart from alcopops. I never remember leaving that place in any other state other than rotten drunk. 25 would get you mouldy drunk, a bag of chips for bugermax and a taxi home after a short stroll down Georges street to try sober up.

Do you think youā€™ll stick with bilateral engagement for the moment Bandage or will you push for a different strategy. Would shuttle diplomacy involving an honest broker like say Charlie Chawke or Ronan Collins not be a way to break the deadlock? Failing that what about straight forward round table talks with solicitors present?

Was stupid drunk by that stage and probably wouldnā€™t have found the place. Didnā€™t want to embarrass myself in front of Flano :slight_smile:

Embarrassment while on the piss is null and void in my book. Probably because of some of the shit Iā€™ve pulled in the past.

go away flanoā€¦you would pull fuck allā€¦

Was pissed last night alright. Havenā€™t read the rest of this thread yet but presume one of ye feckers was in Coppers tooā€¦ Iā€™ll find out now

I couldnā€™t find a wing man and ended up staying in :frowning:

Ah Sledge a few of the boyos were out last night as far as I know. Not sure if you would have wanted to go out with them though.

Who? To be honest, the weather put be off, and then Sanfo sandbagged me so I wasnā€™t really in the humour. I suppose I could have tried harder to find accomplices.

Young Ivo et al. Heā€™s pretty much a certainty for a night on the town on Wednesdays.

I might tap him up tonight, although heā€™ll probably hassle me into going the gig at the weekend if I do.

Where did you hear about the gig? He hasnā€™t said a word to me about it.