Anzac day (parenting advice)

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]My eldest daughter is in Kindy in Brisbane[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]With Anzac day coming up they want to bring in a verteran to talk to the kids[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I find this odd that some guy that maybe a murderer is going to talk to kids[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Should I[/SIZE][/FONT]

[LIST]
[][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Ignore it[/SIZE][/FONT]
[
][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Not let my kid attend[/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Kick up a fuss[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/LIST]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The whole Anzac day thing makes my skin crawl - lets celebrate the men who killed the Turks[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=12px][FONT=arial]Let the veteran say his thing[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px][FONT=arial][CENTER][SIZE=11px][FONT=verdana]'Now every April I sit on my porch[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=11px][FONT=verdana]And I watch the parade pass before me[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=11px][FONT=verdana]I see my old comrades, how proudly they march[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=11px][FONT=verdana]Renewing their dreams of past glories[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=11px][FONT=verdana]I see the old men all tired, stiff and worn[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=11px][FONT=verdana]Those weary old heroes of a forgotten war[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=11px][FONT=verdana]And the young people ask “What are they marching for?”[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=11px][FONT=verdana]And I ask myself the same question’ [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE]

I think you’re missing the point mate. But bringing a veteren in to speak to kindy age kids is a bit reidiculous alright. Their understanding of millitary history and geo politics may be on the same level as my friend Manuel.

Who gives a fuck.

Rocko, dunny this shit.

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 758227, member: 80”][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]My eldest daughter is in Kindy in Brisbane[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]With Anzac day coming up they want to bring in a verteran to talk to the kids[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I find this odd that some guy that maybe a murderer is going to talk to kids[/SIZE][/FONT]

[LIST]
[
[/LIST]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The whole Anzac day thing makes my skin crawl - lets celebrate the men who killed the Turks[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
If he’s a veteran of WW1, he must be a good age by now! Most likely he is a guy who known what he’s talking about and knows how to speak to kids at that age.

I presume you are living in New Zealand or Australia, so when in Rome do as the Romans do. Are you a citizen yet? Perhaps if you were you would look on it differently.

Will he teach em to play 2-up?

Having been in Oz for ANZAC day a few years back, I noticed that the Ozzies are very proud of their (military) history and they express this with an outpouring of nostalgia/national pride in April. It is a very emotive issue and you may end up causing more of a stir than you would like. From speaking to other Irish, many of whom had kids and faced the same dilemma, I found that kids in Oz are so bombarded every April with stories of the diggers and of Simpson and his donkey, that you may merely be delaying the inevitable. Besides, is your eldest Australian born? In time, will she feel that ANZAC day and all of the stories and the dawn mass at the cenitaph/Shrine of remembrance will be part of her identity?

Besides, the big thing on ANZAC day is surely the pies against the bombers at the MCG???

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 758227, member: 80”][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]My eldest daughter is in Kindy in Brisbane[/SIZE][/FONT]

[LIST]
[
[/LIST]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The whole Anzac day thing makes my skin crawl - lets celebrate the men who killed the Turks[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Missing the point here Raven. What matters here is not the glorious Aussie imperialism, but your own demise through Ozmosis. Your daughter is in Kindergarten. Stop this Brizy kindy shit now or you’ll soon be bringing up some dumdum daughty who’ll doof in the dunny after snags. Sort your shit out or drop the Fingal in your next rebrand.

P.S. Ignore the olds. Children think old people are grizzly monsters and are scared of their wrinkled features.

How did this work out for you, mate?

brilliantly- I had a volte face and am now proud of our soldiers and the sacrifices they made for us

the dawn service was poignant

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 764466, member: 80”]brilliantly- I had a volte face and am now proud of our soldiers and the sacrifices they made for us

the dawn service was poignant[/quote]

When in Rome mate, when in Rome.

:clap:
Come back mate-Sherwood is where you were at your happiest

:eek:

Runt will be getting a retrospective infraction for sure

I highly doubt it.

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 764466, member: 80”]brilliantly- I had a volte face and am now proud of our soldiers and the sacrifices they made for us

Mateship conquers all.

Mate.

Come back mate-Sherwood is where you were at your happiest[/quote]

Was certainly happy there mate… alot of that was down to my mate the Bundy Bear though.

Fantastic to see the TFK Australian team observing the importance of Anzac day. Apart from Kev who spent his day losing all his friends on TFK.

@FingalRaven
Has your little one completely bought into the heroism of Simpson and his donkey. Surely the Anzac day thing must be fucking ramped up out of all proportion this year… Is the centenary isn’t it?

[QUOTE=“Onthesod, post: 1123582, member: 1441”]@FingalRaven
Has your little one completely bought into the heroism of Simpson and his donkey. Surely the Anzac day thing must be fucking ramped up out of all proportion this year… Is the centenary isn’t it?[/QUOTE]

She is now up to speed on how Brian chased the Dane & St Patrick the vermin.

We have left Ozland so thankfully hear nothinh about the aussies getting whooped by the turks