Apple

Their share price cant sustain the constraints of a small market *
[SIZE=1]
*I have no financial qualifications [/SIZE]

[quote=ā€œTreatyStones, post: 830316, member: 1786ā€]Itā€™s a pity Microsoft are so woeful at marketing their products.
The vast majority of businesses environments are built on Microsoft. If they could start getting their phones and tablets into the hands of business executives, the easier integration they provide to corporate networks would surely see them become a success.[/quote]

Spot on. I have a two-year old HTC phone running Windows 7 (yes) and it is the dogs bollox for email, gmail, pdf, windows file attachments, and the basics. Music/video is ok (Zune!).

Of course there are not as many apps available as for the competing systems but those that are available work well.

I got a lumia WP7 too and I think itā€™s great value for money. Cost me ā‚¬120, before the WP8 came out. It has a much better interface than an android (I have a S3 mini as my work phone) or apple (used to have an iphone as my work phone).

Only thing that is dragging it down is the apps, and some of the apps donā€™t work properly, viber, which is a big draw back if you want to talk to a few people abroad.

Are windows phone 8 much better than 7?

Update iphone 4 or donā€™t update iphone 4?

Software update you mean? Iā€™d thread carefully, did a good deed for herself last Friday night and updated her Iphone 4 to the latest available software level. Lost all contacts and photos, even though it was backed up, wonā€™t be doing that again

Thatā€™s what I mean alright. The last software update was class, sped up my phone so much and so many new functions it was like having a new phone. I have heard one report saying the new one is like that, and another saying it made the phone really slow. And yours which said it completely bollixed things up altogether.

Iā€™ll hold off for a while.

[quote=ā€œglasagusban, post: 834225, member: 1533ā€]Thatā€™s what I mean alright. The last software update was class, sped up my phone so much and so many new functions it was like having a new phone. I have heard one report saying the new one is like that, and another saying it made the phone really slow. And yours which said it completely bollixed things up altogether.

Iā€™ll hold off for a while.[/quote]

I too plan on being a late adapter. Let the funboys rush in and get all the bugs sorted and Iā€™ll be ready for IOS 7.01

updated a 4s yesterday with no issues (so far)

[quote=ā€œglasagusban, post: 834225, member: 1533ā€]Thatā€™s what I mean alright. The last software update was class, sped up my phone so much and so many new functions it was like having a new phone. I have heard one report saying the new one is like that, and another saying it made the phone really slow. And yours which said it completely bollixed things up altogether.

Iā€™ll hold off for a while.[/quote]
I updated a beloved iPhone 4 and the update bollixed it.

Thanks Fagan. I plan on being savvy like Julio and waiting for the additional update that patches the bollixing it did to you.

Anyone used the TFK app yet on iOS7? Any problems?

Yes & No

This is a fucking weird one:

Last night I got a text off a friend but when I went to reply a message had been sent from my side of the thread saying ā€œwhoā€™s this???ā€ I thought I may have copied and pasted a message in and sent it somehow, and replied and said as much. My friend then replied and another message came up from me on my thread saying ā€œwhoā€™s this? I donā€™t know you, why am I getting these messages???ā€

So basically someone else was also getting the messages my friend was sending and when they replied it was coming up on my phone. WTF was going on there?!

[quote=ā€œglasagusban, post: 834653, member: 1533ā€]This is a fucking weird one:

Last night I got a text off a friend but when I went to reply a message had been sent from my side of the thread saying ā€œwhoā€™s this???ā€ I thought I may have copied and pasted a message in and sent it somehow, and replied and said as much. My friend then replied and another message came up from me on my thread saying ā€œwhoā€™s this? I donā€™t know you, why am I getting these messages???ā€

So basically someone else was also getting the messages my friend was sending and when they replied it was coming up on my phone. WTF was going on there?![/quote]
You have dissociative identity disorder and have created an alter ego such as Tyler Durden in Fight Club and were moving in and out of lucidity?

:eek:

I upgraded.
The update process was dodgy enough.
First it told me the update had failed. Then when I tried to restore the phone it told me that had failed too.
I then did a hard reset, and when the phone started backup I had iOS7 on it. Itā€™s an impressive update in fairness.

I didnā€™t want to start a new topic.

Can anybody recommend a laptop, around ā‚¬700 - 800. Need it for work mainly (excel, e-mails, etc), but might need to use AutoCad on it.

Is there any particular brands to avoid?

[quote=ā€œstones_off, post: 845937, member: 1559ā€]I didnā€™t want to start a new topic.

Can anybody recommend a laptop, around ā‚¬700 - 800. Need it for work mainly (excel, e-mails, etc), but might need to use AutoCad on it.

Is there any particular brands to avoid?[/quote]

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/index.php?threads/fairly-urgent-help-required-from-computer-savvy-posters.14161/

[quote=ā€œstones_off, post: 845937, member: 1559ā€]I didnā€™t want to start a new topic.

Is there any particular brands to avoid?[/quote]

Is that ā‚¬700 ex-VAT?

ā‚¬800 including VAT