Apple

The lad who worships an actual Nazi propagandist unironically calls everybody he dislikes a ā€œNaziā€. :joy:

You couldnā€™t make it up, as they say.

You couldnā€™t make it up. The lad who spends all day on that misinformation machine Twitter warning us of the dangers of Elon Musk and he furiously posting links to everything Musk tweets. He probably paid for the blue tick and all.

3 Likes

They want Paddy to know his place and go back growing potatoes. The Lutherans donā€™t like uppity Irish Catholics.

1 Like

commission creep and over regulation may actually be strangling innovation

1 Like

The EU was a great force for good for many years in terms of trade, consumer law and employment rights and delivered a peaceful and prosperous Europe from the ashes of two hugely destructive wars but do seem to have taken it upon themselves to over regulate and seek to set aside democratic principles more and more over last decade which is unfortunate.

I actually disagree. The EU will founder if Peter facilitates Judas robbing Paul for a cut of the action.
Sin e.

1 Like

Is this not a bit of a win-win for the Irish government. Put up a huge fight for Apple and can say they did everything they could, and still end up 13,000,000,000 richer

2 Likes

This fella is absolutely seething :joy:

does Ireland get to keep all the money though?

ā‚¬13bn would build all the houses we need, bulk up the GardaĆ­ and the Defence Forces, sort out the radar and build the motorway between Cork and Limerick. Bingo bongo, jobs a goodā€™in.

I think I read that somewhere but open to correction.

Over 2 grand each. Lash it out to us in cash

1 Like

Apparently ā€œdemocracyā€ now means the illegal facilitation of mass corporate tax avoidance. :joy:

Some lads here wonā€™t rest until theyā€™ve turned themselves into actual clowns.

1 Like

I think the government should indeed give the money to each individual in the state in Apple vouchers for the bantz aloneā€¦

Failing that use it to pay off our debt from the bailout.

1 Like

No I donā€™t think so actually. Itā€™s complicated but I remember reading somewhere that because of the way was formed, it was argued that others eu missed out on tax revenues they would have been entitled to had the rules been adhered to. Thatā€™s what triggered the whole thing in the first place.

Itā€™s a battle between EU and US over who should be paid tax by technology companies stemming back to Obama administration

Yeah, I knew it was something like that. Either way if lads think that weā€™re going to see more than a fraction of that money, they need their heads examined

The EU are the bad guys here.

It will only be spent on capital stuff apparently and not things like extra nurses etc which need funding every year afterwards.

Give everyone an iPhone 16 pro Max and air buds, build the lk ck road with the change If you donā€™t want you can flog and we keep the EU, apple and the US sweet

Housing is capital spend. Build them in the banks of land we have away from the Pale, all the services/shops/schools/hospitals etc and give to the 14k homeless. Boom