Apple

Could I ask seriously, what’s the big deal? I honestly can’t see one. It’s buttons to apple and won’t make a joy of difference to oireland Inc as far as I can see.

1 Like

As soon as you start handing out houses you’ll have way more than 14k looking for one.

@Spidey maybe they could use the money to finish all those railway lines they’ve been promising since the 90’s

€14bn there now with the interest. This is big Jack Chambers’ moment to shine.

*80s

Ah I’d have nothing to give out about then

Niall Collins was very despondent looking there on Bog 3.

He was expecting a bigger step
Up from
The 15

It’ll be spent on the 2072 Baldonnel Olympics

If Bertie was still Taoiseach the state of Ireland would buy Manchester United FC.

They should announce that they are spending 200m on new school shoes and school dinners for underprivileged kids and thank apple for it…sure there wouldn’t be another word

Apparently they’d actually lost money on it at one stage, but it recovered.

Apple have already paid tax to the U.S. on this amount and have now been double taxed. The change in the rules hopefully won’t mean such naked political pushes again but who knows.

So Europe are dictating Ireland’s tax affairs and now they are dictating what the money can be spent on :grinning:

No they’re ensuring that certain companies are not given favourable deals that are not afforded to all companies within a certain jurisdiction. It’s anti competitive and breaks EU Law. You’d have to feel sorry for Klaus and Pierre trying to explain basic concepts to Paddy.

1 Like

It’s very possible to live happily without buying an Apple product in your entire life, you know.

Actually I’d say the chances of living happily increase quite significantly if you’ve never bought an Apple product.

When I was at college and didn’t have the INTERNET at home, I’d have to use one of the college computer labs to get online.

There was one computer lab which only had Apple computers. That was the dud computer lab. Everybody wanted the Microsoft Windows computer labs, which were usually full. There were usually a good few vacant machines in the Apple lab.

Their machines widely considered by my peers to be unusable junk. Perpetual spinning rainbow wheels and blue screen walls of death and baffling mice and buttons that nobody understood. I have nightmares thinking about it*.

*I do not have nightmares thinking about it.

1 Like

Agreed, never had one and honestly nothing about them changes my mind

Apple is the greatest thing in my life. :green_apple:

Id 2 macbook in nearly 15 years id say. Never a virus, never any issues. Battery degrading the only cause to buy a new.one recently. Couldnt wait 2 weeks for battery replacement so bought new and gave old.one to daughter.

Ive not had an iphone in over a decade.

Zero need to be locked into an operating ecosystem

2 Likes

MacBooks are a bit shit if you need them for office work. They look cool
however in a coffee shop environment

iOS and Iphones are just better however and lads on Android are codding themselves unless you are buying phone for a camera in which case Samsung does seem better.

1 Like