Apple

New iPhone 16 in ultramarine is a beauty.

You found The Princess!

Apple are nasty.

The way they were proved to have run down the batteries on older iPhones after one particular software update.

Why you have to use an Apple certified USB charger or your phone won’t charge.

The same with the charging leads. An unbranded one you buy in town will work for a week, then it stops.

The amount of perfectly working electronics that Apple have consigned to the scrap heap because of this must be unreal.

2 Likes

Cool. So the issue is not Apple.

That’s hardly Apple’s problem

No. Just the wankers that think apple is the shit.

1 Like

Seems that is also the case on the other side though.

You’re existing gil, not living

Pink lady?

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear.

They are pure snakes about it. The lead will work this week in an i7 and i8 but not an i9. Next week they’ll change it around making the lead look intermittent.

Fair enough say you, but why do they have to be so sneaky when other manufacturers aren’t?

That’s definitely the case

I still love you mate.

1 Like

The MacBooks are great machines. I got a really solid decade out of my MacBook pro which was probably used on average six hours a day for most of that time. Often a lot more. It still barely works 15 years after I first bought it. If I put a bit of time and money into it, it would probably be full operational albeit on a very old OS.

My computer at work is a 9 year old iMac and the fucking thing is brilliant. Never an ounce of bother. Colleagues have burned through two Windows machines in the interim.

I can’t speak for anything post 2015 :rofl: although one of the tech lads was in with me last week and he said he was going to put me on the list for a new Mac mini.

No viruses, no problems at all.

1 Like

Makes sense. My mother refuses to buy an android :rofl:. Think she’s on her third or fourth iPhone. But she gets a good 4-5 years out of them.

They’re great tack.

They fucking last. The laptop I had - for the amount of use it got, I probably would have gone through 2-3 windows laptops during that time and had a lot more issues.
If you’re just doing a bit of secretarial/accountancy work, you’re grand with any kind of machine I suppose.

1 Like

Agree entirely. Worth the premium price for longevity and not having to deal with virus/anti virus software.

1 Like

My kids apple jobbie ( MacBook or such)still flying after 3 + years in college,and non stop , editing pics for CCFC mens and women’s team’s

2 Likes

The virus thing is clincher for me

I think Macs are better than Microsoft PCs but are not immune to viruses.