Apple

Sinn Fein will provide a network of bullet trains throughout the country. It will be called the Shinnerkansen.

Building a proper train makes it easier and more affordable to live out side expensive urban centres.

Thatā€™ll surely enhance everyoneā€™s living including emigrants who come the country.

Very easy to find work in Dublin but itā€™s too expensive for most to live there on a minimum wage. It would also open up the option for students to travel for education and not have pay fortunes on student accommodation which they may only need 3 or 4 nights a week.

It would also decrease are dependence on cars which would be good for the climate.

The money they make back off the train system could be used to buy electric cars which could be shared and rented too. Be A huge help to tourists.

Iā€™ll say one thing about the Galway to Limerick train service, itā€™s appropriately priced, almost.

1 Like

I was just looking there the Dublin to Galway train is 3
Hours that canā€™t be right?

That half 7 train sounds like a @Locke special

1 Like

It varies from around 2:25 to 2:45. In terms of advertised times anyway. The bus is 2:30 and pretty much always arrives on the button.

1 Like

Be a great help to all of @Locke s tourists in a hurry to get to Carlow and Athlone.

I got the train from Florence to Rome in 90 minutes. I had only one complaint.

Thatā€™s 270 km looking at maps.

Dublin to Galway is 210 kms and it takes nearly 3 hours.

Thatā€™s a total joke.

Athlone is a hidden gem

Why were they complaining to you?

Itā€™s a dedicated service for Munster rugby supporters who live in Galway.

I could think of one or two prominent gaa players whoā€™d get their quicker than 2 and a half hours :joy:

1 Like

Lol

You are onto something here.

Lokomotiv Wicklow

2 Likes

Lokomotiv Mosney. A team for immigrants

1 Like

This is a grand YouTube channel. Some of the Limericks might be able to spot themselves on the platform at Thurles as he goes through it after the Limerick-Waterford game in 2023.

If Ireland planned a high speed rail network now, it might conceivably be delivered by 2050, but I doubt it.
Theyā€™ve made another bollix of the Dart Coastal North and I say left themselves open to a judicial review.

DART+ Coastal North ā€“ Railway Order Update.

Given your previous correspondence in respect of the DART+ Coastal North project, I wish to inform you of an important update regarding the Railway Order application for this project, which was submitted to An Bord PleanƔla on 12th July last, reference number ABP-320164-24.

An error was identified in the pre-application consultation file submitted with the Railway Order application. In compliance with a request from An Bord PleanĆ”la, CĆ³ras Iompair Ɖireann (CIƉ) has now submitted a full and complete version of the pre-application consultation file.

As you had previously expressed interest in, and submitted correspondence in respect of, the project, we are notifying you of the update to the documentation.

The updated file, along with the draft Railway Order and accompanying documentation, will be available for inspection from September 9th, 2024 to October 23rd, 2024 on our dedicated project website www.dartcoastalnorthrailwayorder.ie .

Is it the Chinese building them at the moment for countries ?

Yes but that comes with strings attached. They arenā€™t doing it for the good of their health as the fella said.

1 Like