Are you all set for The Christmas

Enjoy it. We just have to rely on the magic this year. It goes too quick

1 Like

First Christmas as a married man and the inevitable discussion about which in-laws to visit.

We weighted it up and we decided that her folks have less around so we will go there. Or you could view it as a farmer climbdown.

Luckily enough all parties are relaxed enough when it comes to these things and there would be no problem with all in-laws coming together for Christmas if needs be.

I have heard some terrible stories around this - one side of the family demanding that the couple visit their place first and refusing to allow the other in-laws to attend. I have also heard stories about kids fucking off down the country with a girlfriend for a few years in a row leaving the parents by themselves.

I always abided by the Catholic teaching. Not until you are married (do you leave your home place for Christmas).

4 Likes

The tradition is to go to hers in Y1 I believe

I have heard that alright.

Do the families live close together to say you would think they might all get together at christmas?

Its not the same in someone elses house pal. No matter how sound they are. Just not the same

There’s no way i’m going back to the depravity of Limerick City…It’s RoCo all the way for me, I’m in now and Mrs O’Sullivan better have the cook outdo himself this year.

1 Like

I’m having the in-laws down to my place. They are sound so looking forward to it.

The Tipp crowd?

Sound in-laws ? Go way ourra that

Quite the significant gesture - must have take some time.

Have had my in-laws with us the last 4-5 years. Makes for a bigger crowd so generally a better day I find. Also no father in law in the picture so makes it easier I guess.

Also have the biggest Christmas expense out of the way for the last few weeks thank God. There was an awful shortage of Nintendo switch consoles the last few months so bought one when available.

1 Like

Home for us. Big party Christmas morning. Then just us plus any stragglers in need of dinner.

2 Likes

Tenth year in a row at the in laws (no rows over it as my parents both died in the 90s) and 7th year me making the dinner but my brother in law is trying to put the spoiler on it so his husband can have Brazilian Christmas on 24th.

5 Likes

It’s a great time of year. Work will be busy but I have always enjoyed the run up and anticipation of Christmas.

2 Likes

Fuck that art. Surely you have enough clout to deport him.

I’d say the Brazilian is a lot more liked than the humbersidean

1 Like

Just the wife and kids for me, same for the past 17 years, maybe the last year for Santa :frowning:. Down to Tipp day after Stephens Day for visiting.

Art is as paddy as you’ll ever meet, and I’d be delighted if my daughter brought someone like him home.
Sin e e.

3 Likes

I’m going skiing this Christmas as I can’t stand my family. Into Dublin the the 27th of December to attend the racing in Leopardstown. Home the 29th then onto dingle for the new year.

7 Likes

They don’t.

One in Dublin, one in Leitrim.

I know what you are saying with regard to it not being the same. This Christmas will be the first time I won’t be in the home place.

1 Like