Are you all set for The Christmas

Weird post.

I think he does.

Bizarre post. Not many words but It’s saying so much . It speaks to me of an unhappy person trapped in a marriage for the sake of the kids.

Like my dear e-friend @KinvarasPassion I sense mid life crisis

3 Likes

The ex or me ???

Disappointing sermon from a parish priest I’m not particularly fond of. Went down the “we’ve lost our way totally and forgotten what Christmas is all about” route. Last time I was home for a funeral he was minimising the grieving family’s loss as there’s eternal life anyway lads. He reminds me of a referee applying the laws/rules literally without using any common sense. Mass was saved by our brilliant choir - The Enniscorthy Carol during communion was off the hook, off the chain.

10 Likes

I was at mass and a new parish priest told us a bit of his story. He had been married and widowed with 4 young children. When he had them reared he joined the priesthood and he was ordained a few years ago. He said a grand mass but id have limited benchmarks to assess quality.

He celebrated the wedding of one daughter after first walking her up the aisle. That must be unique in this country

I doubt it, sure they all have childeren.

3 Likes

Our annual 5 test backyard cricket series kicked off again today. I was all out for 66 and Fitzy jnr got to 141 after some controversial and heavily protested wickets. We’ve only lost the two tennis balls so far. I’m confident I have the little fucker rattled now though and a big score in my second innings tomorrow will hopefully precipitate a collapse and a narrow victory.
The neighbours on the off side have a new dog, a horrible, aggressive fucker and we’re scared shitless to go in there after balls over the fence, so hitting over there on the full now counts for three wickets. We’re trying to encourage himself to play more cover drives, so ir should work out well.

6 Likes

Me loves a good rendition of the Enniscorthy Carol. :ok_hand:

Was at a church wedding a couple of weeks back, first time I was at any class of mass in a while. The priest was effectively doing a stand-up routine. He shoe-horned a few religious pleas in, but you could tell his heart wasn’t in it. I wonder do a lot of them think the game is up.

Nollaig shona daoibh go léir, btw. I am well ready for De Dinner.

2 Likes

The brother of an aunt of mine joined the priesthood as a widower. He had kids as well

1 Like

Are you blind on the leg side or the off side?

1 Like

If you didn’t want to hear him preaching. Why did you go in the first place??

We had a priest in Kilmallock with a similar story.

1 Like

I didn’t have the rota so didn’t know which priest would be saying mass.

1 Like

What church pal? The lad in Clonard takes it all very seriously.

Clonard alright, pal. Telling a congregation which included a load of children that they need to realise Christmas is about Jesus and not Santa Claus. I was thinking “They’re not mutually exclusive, bro. It doesn’t have to be a binary thing.”

1 Like

I’m fucked here altogether. Awake for 2 hours during the night with the eldest lad between us kicking the back off me. Eventually negotiated him back to sleep in his own bed at 5am and then we were all up at 7. It was just the 4 of us with a number of people popping in and out over the course of the day.

An utterly exhausting day but seeing the young lads at peace in their own surroundings rather than karting them up and down the country to meet family was worth it. The family who they wanted to see all came to visit us or we got to them yesterday.

A whiskey or two and I’ll be in bed shortly after it to recharge the batteries ahead of a savage days sport tomorrow. Up to the local hunt at midday to laugh at the proddies in funny outfits and see all the dogs before hopefully putting the feet up for a few hours.

4 Likes

You sound like a right cunt.

2 Likes

My Mrs was given a set of flowers yesterday by a lad down the road who we all think is a bit touched and missing a few beans upstairs. She was a bit freaked by it so we decided to stay put for the day in case that weirdo happened to accost us when we were out and about.

2 Likes

Huh?