Argentina Backers Sign In

Mate, i think coach Southgate and his Lions are gone home

I read somewhere that the bones of 100 years ago, Argentina was one of the top world economies. Where did it all go wrong?

An aul bit of corruption and greed mixed in with savage hyper stagflation.

1 Like

Shit. Wait til you go back to england mate. Theyā€™re eating out of bins now.

3 Likes

From the late 1880s to about 1930 or so, Argentina was one of the richest countries in the world, had a per capita income on par with the US and greater than Europe nations, Buenos Aires was considered up there with London, Paris, New York, the great cities of the world.
It many ways it was seen as a Spanish speaking version of the USA, a country of immigrants, with boundless resources and economic opportunity.
Thereā€™s no one true answer and itā€™s complicated as to why it went tits up, but political instability and the economic swings that went with that would be at the heart of most theories.

2 Likes

Jp fucked up their currency that time.

Iā€™d love to visit Argentina someday. Apparently the Argentinian accent is well liked in other Spanish speaking countries. Iā€™d say they get mileage out of it in the way Paddy would in Solihull or Liverpool on a Saturday night in a Yates pub.

Might not have been Argentina in fact. He cannot be held responsible for everything.
They mightnā€™t be mad about him in Mexico though.

1 Like

Him and his mates definitely have land in Argentina. There might be a nephew of magniers farming out there. I always thought it was a bit random.

Itā€™s a vast country. Iā€™ve travelled fairly extensively around most of it at various stages. Thereā€™s some diversity - Ushuaia and the Glaciers down in southernmost Patagonia, gateway to Antarctica. The salt plains in the North West, one of the driest places on earth. The tropical feel of Iguazu Falls to the wine growing regions of Mendoza, the gateway to Aconcagua, the highest peak in the world outside of the Himalayas.

8 Likes

You wouldnā€™t be able for it.

A fair auld plane journey alright.

There was a documentary on netflix about two lads who go surfing way down the south of argentina. Twas a good watch.

These two brothers Gauchos del Mar | About

This was the documentary Gauchos del Mar | Peninsula Mitre

We are going to do it

Im in!

I think weā€™re gonna do it lads. Itā€™s been a long journey

diego maradona GIF by World Rugby

The dream lives on for one more night

We are Argentina

We are going to do it, you beat me to it

A new Argentina :notes: