Argentina Backers Sign In

Diego :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Looks like I called this spot on.

We’re going to do it!

Ossie Ardiles on Messi

"Van Gaal had tried to get Messi to react before the game, inflaming the fire by talking about how Messi didn’t defend well for the team. Then, during the penalties, the Dutch players were constantly trying to disrupt the Argentinian players, playing mind games by walking up to them and celebrating by them if they missed.

"This isn’t to justify what happened but to understand it. There was a lot going on, unsavory scenes from both sides.

"But in Argentina, many people loved this new image of Messi. It wasn’t normal for him. It was more of a Maradona reaction, which means the people love him even more.

“The old perception was that he was cold and not passionate. Now they feel his desire to win for Argentina. We are Latin people. We react and show our emotions. Sometimes maybe we overreact.”

16 Likes

Real people :clap::clap::clap:

They recognise to be human is to err - not the sanitized repressed picture the west tries to paint.

2 Likes
2 Likes

It has to be now, it just has to be

God bless them

3 Likes

My.God. :star_struck: That would bring a tear to a glass eye

1 Like

I got it off a Chineee site last year. Not sure the vertical stripes go well with my gut. I am still trying to track down the blue away one, an older plainer coloured one.

2 Likes

“Maradona is a God to the people of Naples," said Fabio Cannavaro, who was in the Napoli youth system during Maradona’s time with the club.

“Maradona changed history. In 80 years, we had always suffered, fighting against relegation, yet in seven seasons with him we won two leagues, a UEFA Cup, two Italian Cups. I’m a fan too and to live those years with Maradona was incredible. Being on the pitch when they won the Scudetto was amazing.”

Dries Mertens, who surpassed Maradona’s Napoli goal record in 2019, wrote on Twitter: “If my name has ever been placed next to yours, I apologise, I will never be at your level. What you did for “our” city will go down in history forever. It was an honour to have met you.”

1 Like

2 Likes

“For Maradona to win a World Cup on his own, and let’s face it, that’s what he did as the rest of the team were ordinary, was an amazing achievement,” said former England midfielder Glenn Hoddle. “He was the best player I’ve seen.”

“In Argentine football there is a before and after Maradona,” said Julio Grondona, former head of the Argentine football association.

“Diego, for all Argentinians, is God. And he always will be," said Boca Juniors forward Carlos Tevez.