Argentina Backers Sign In

A guttural roar

It’s incredibly small time from the argentian players.

Considering he scored 4 past him I’m not sure what he’s on about.

That one in particular seems like a knobhead.

The French don’t like it up them at all. Argies a proper breed of people.

I’d say mbappe is a desperate cunt too though.

1 Like
1 Like

Some (most) of the Argie players are nackers but feck it what are you gonna do …
Just look at the cut of them.

And he beside Messi, should be good craic back at PSG

Yer man on the stretcher

1 Like

Messi will be rightly fired up for the rest of the season with PSG I’d say. Still has it all to prove

I remember drinking in Santiago one time and stumbling across a massive statue of a mick on horse back adorning their main boulevard. Turns out the whole street was named after him. Any Chilean I spoke to were aware of O’Higgins Irish connections and were extremely sound in explaining to me what he did for chile. Think his parents were from Westmeath originally.

South America, like everywhere really. Once you told the locals that you weren’t English, they had the warmest welcome for ya, the finest people.

3 Likes

Bernardo O’Higgins’ father was the Viceroy to Peru. Bernardo was illegitimate and his father disowned him.

Yep. He was an aristocrat. And got land the size of Tipp when the father died. Pretty sure the father was born in Ireland. Could be wrong though.

There are some Mexicans with the surname “O’Farrill”. e.g. a Mexican comedian called Ricardo O´Farrill. I worked with a fella in Dublin with the same surname. Not sure if there was a strong Irish connection at all to Mexico in the past, apart from the San Patricio battalion in their army.

Wasn’t Zorro actually a Wexican?

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

St. Brendan landed in Mexico in the 6th century and brought the word of Christ to the natives. There was a sizeable settlement of Irish in Mexico in the 19th century. Zorro was indeed irish.

From Argentina in the south, to Newfoundland in the north, the irish have shaped the Americas profoundly and bar in the US, have largely fought for freedom and against oppression on the continent.

Can’t find any background info on Zorro being a Wexican?
I wouldn’t imagine there is any strong family links at all left between Ireland and Argentina/Chile/Mexico today as there would be US, UK, Aus etc. I don’t know anyone with Argentinian cousins etc, though have met Argentinians in Ireland with Irish links.

1 Like

Most Irish emigration was in the 19th and early 20th century…

1 Like