AS Roma 2019/20

:cry:

Iā€™m outraged. I have just stormed out of the office yelling Cazzo.

this angers me

Ok guys. Iā€™ve returned to the office now but Iā€™m still very angry. I have closed my door and put my phone on DND.

3 Likes

How are Roma struggling with Financial Fair Play considering theyā€™ve continually sold their best players over the last few years?

Wage bill has been cut drastically too.

Mainly due to lack of income with the stadium.

1 Like

Iā€™m very underwhelmed at the whole situation.

We are apparently swapping Luca Pellegrini for Spinazzola with Juve - I donā€™t get it, Pellegrini is Roman and the future, heā€™s our left back for the next decade and weā€™re giving him away for nothing and paying ā‚¬10m on top of that. I like Spinazzola but heā€™s naturally a right back and we already have Florenzi, Karsdorp and Santon so it makes no sense.

In more positive news, we have reportedly agreed a deal with Cagliari for Barella - ā‚¬35m and Defrel.

Barella is the real deal so this would be a fantastic signing. Iā€™ll believe it when I see it though, Conte has his heart set on him for Inter and youā€™d need you head examined to be picking Roma over Inter now.

This is going through.

Juve have done us up like a kipper here. I imagine it is to do with FFP. Roma need to declare ā‚¬45m on capital gains by this weeked. So they can book ā‚¬15m for Pellegrini now as he came up through the youth system. If Spinazzola is valued at ā‚¬25m then they probably only need to expense ā‚¬5m of that against him this season.

Manolas also set for the exit door with a ā‚¬36m move to Napoli and Nzonzi has apparently gone AWOL and is trying to force through a move to Lyon (no loss).

As I said earlier, I do like Spinazzola but we now have 4 right backs and our only left back is a 35 year old currently on the market. I know Spinazzola has played a lot of football at left back, like Santon but they are better on the right.

Unless we are going to try and move on Florenzi then I donā€™t see the point in it.

Roma look like they could be on the verge of bankruptcy next season.

The Americans have made an absolute mess of the club and Monchi has set us back years in his two seasons here. Only for the CL run a couple of years ago we would be in huge trouble. Only for the success of Sabatiniā€™s signings over the past few years and Roma being able to hawk on guys like Lamela, Marquinhos, Pjanic, Nainngolan, Strootman, Salah, Rudiger, Allison, Emerson and now Manolas for huge profits weā€™d be gone under.

Romaā€™s debt has been growing year on year under the Americans, weā€™re spending ā‚¬25m a year financing the debt while we are a selling clubs. Itā€™s time for them to go.

Thatā€™s down to the ā‚¬1 billion vanity project presumably?

1 Like

Roma donā€™t have their own home so itā€™s not a vanity project.

Hard to see how they will fund it. The Americans are changers and donā€™t have two cents to rub together. If they had they would have wiped the debt as the start like Liverpoolā€™s billionaire owners did.

Manolas to Napoli for ā‚¬36m. Diawara to Roma for ā‚¬21m.

Spinazzola to Roma for ā‚¬29.5m. Luca Pellegrini to Juve for ā‚¬22m.

The Cagliari president has confirmed our bid has been accepted for Barrella, said the player will decide over the next few days. Inter meanwhile look set to be close to Stefano Sensi so there may be a decent chance we get Barrella now which would be an immense signing.

Pau Lopez joined last week for ā‚¬24m and it looks like he will soon be joined by Veretout (ā‚¬19m) and Mancini (ā‚¬21m).

I know little about Lopez but he can hardly be worse than Olsen. Veretout doesnā€™t enthuse me much but Mancini is a good signing, still need another centre half.

Weā€™ve been heavily linked with Alderweireld from Spurs, I think heā€™s fairly shit if Iā€™m honest and hope we look elsewhere.

Strong talk about Pipita coming too, please God no.

He was once a brilliant striker but the physical shape he is in these days is disgraceful.

I think this sums it up about Higuian right now.

2 Likes

:grinning::grinning:

Higuain was always a fat pig.

Sarri had him very trim at Napoli and he was unreal under him.

Youā€™d have to question the professionalism of a lad that continually allows himself to get in to such poor shape.

Yes. I think the point you are missing though is that even by his standards he is really at his lowest in terms of physical conditioning the last year or so.

If that clip is recent Iā€™ve seen him in worse shape for pre-season.