AS Roma 21/22 Quelli Speciali

You can never have enough midfielders.

The Dutch lad would be a far more shrewd purchase than Xhaka. Younger, better and probably cheaper.

Think Xhaka could do alright for Roma but we need a clearout first.

Peres and Juan Jesus are finally off the wage bill now though.

Would many of the current squad be Mourinho players. Mou will want lads sitting in a low block and few flakey lads to be scapegoated

No.

It’s a squad full of flakey types.

Mancini and Kumbulla at the back have a lot of potential. Spinazzolla is a very good full back but always injured. That’s about it in defence. Ibanez is an average backup. Smalling dogshit, Santon ditto, Karsdorp is a poor defender but likes to get forward.

Midfield is ok. Pellegrini very talented but needs legs around him, Veretout has a good engine. Cristante and Diawara are servicable, Villar is a nice footballer but he can’t play with Pellegrini and he’s not as good. Getting Zaniolo back next year will be huge but will he ever be the player we hoped he’d be after two ACLs gone at the age of 21.

Attack is ancient. Dzeko, Pedro, Mykhi are mid 30s. SES could come good next season and Mayoral will be a decent back up. Kluivert and Under will probably return and I hope Mourinho gives them a go as both have great potential but I don’t think Mourinho is the manager to develop them.

The real issue with Roma is there is a server lack of pace in the side, it’s a very old team and they had huge fitness/injury problems last year.

There needs to be a clearout. Good to see Peres and Jesus gone - now have to get rid of the likes of Dzeko, Pedro, Pastore, Fazio, Smalling, Santon etc. Big financial issues at the club and it’s hard to see anything other than this appointment ending in disaster.

1 Like

Mkhit signs up until 2023 :handshake:

1 Like

Looks like Rui Patricio will be arriving from Wolves - €7m plus bonuses.

Not sure what that means for Lopez. Big money spent on him a couple of season ago but he has been iffy. I still think he’s a good keeper though.

1 Like

With Mou and Jorge Mendes lining each others pockets expect more of these signings. Mendes could line up a move to the Giallorossi for his prized client Matt Doherty :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Patricio is a good keeper and €7m is a reasonable fee for him.

Yep he’s good. Wolves transfer dealings in recent times have smelt a bit iffy is my point.

Potentially but they’ve ended up getting some good players out of it.

Neto, Jiminez, Neves, Jota etc have all done well.

€18m fee agreed for Xhaka apparently. Interesting to see how it will turn out. Hasn’t done it at Arsenal but still been a regular there under 3 different managers.

1 Like
1 Like

Paul Lopez to Marseille apparently.

Bit hmmmm on this. Think Lopez is a good keeper who had a very bad season. Patricio is solid enough but getting on in years.

1 Like

Zaniolo has morphed into The Incredible Hulk.

1 Like

Replacement for Spina who will likely miss the bulk of next season. Talk has gone quiet on Xhaka but he really wants the move according to reports.

Not sure what this means for Dzeko. Mayoral will likely stay and not sure if we have room for three strikers.

Team beginning to take shape

-------------------------------------Patricio

Karsdorp------------Mancini-----------Smalling*------------Vina

---------------------Veretout------------Xhaka

-------Zaniolo-----------------Pellegrini------------Mykhi

----------------------------------Dzeko**

• or Kumbulla or Ibanez
    ** or Mayoral or Shomurodov

The following players seem to be on the market

Florenzi
Pedro
Pastore
Nzonzi
Fazio
Olsen
Santon

Shomurodov confirmed.

Should be a good signing, if Mourinho can get us solid at the back then there will be plenty of goals in the team. If we can get Xhaka confirmed and another good wide option in then I’m happy with our lot.