AS Roma Season 2017/18

EDF appointed new manager today.

We also completed the signing of Hector Moreno from PSV for €5m. He’s a Mexican international defender who is 29 and was responsible for making mush of Luke Shaw’s leg.

We’re also expected to exercise our option for bring back Lorenzo Pellegrini for €10m.

Jean Michel Serri being linked heavily with a €20m move.

With Pellegrini also tipped to join, it would suggest we’ll offload a midfielder this summer. I would say that will most likely be Paredes.

We’re close to signing Rik Karsdrop, a 22 year old Dutch international right back.

We’ve bid €12m with bonuses taking it to €16. Feyenoord want €19m.

Roma confident this will go through.

1 Like

Karsdorp to have his medical tomorrow.

No deal agreed yet with Feyenoord but it’s supposedly quite close with only small details to sort out.

Manolas and Paredes are expected to join Zenit for somehwhere in the region of €65-70m.

Pellegrini should completel his return to Roma in the coming days for €10m.

Mario Rui looks set to join Napoli.

We’re supposedly close to signing Maxime Gonalons for a fee between €5-9m from Lyon

1 Like

Karsdorp has signed. €14m plus a further €5m in bonuses.

Pellegrini expected to complete his move tomorrow.

Pellegrini will be announced tomorrow at a press conference and we’ve agreed a €5m fee for Gonalons.

We’re also said to have bid €15m for Ajax striker Kasper Dolberg.

On the outgoing front, it looks like Manolas has turned down a €30m move to Zenit and we’ve rejected a €7m offer for Mario Rui.

Paredes is still expected to complete a €25m move to Zenit.

What’s happening with Fazio?

Roma signed him outright during last season for €4m I thought.

I knew Roma had an option on him, didn’t realise they’d taken it up.

Pellegrini becomes our third summer signing for a fee of €10m

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

De Rossi is the legend, Florenzi is the engine, Pellegrini is the future.

1 Like

Gonalons confirmed for €5m.

Rudiger to Chelsea for €33m and a further €5m in bonuses.

Looks like we will be replacing Rudiger with Nastasic, €12m fee mentioned. It remains to be seen whether Manolas stays or goes.

Mari Rui set to join Napoli for €9m

Young Turk Cengiz Under is due to complete a €13m move in the coming days.

Schalke have blocked the Nastasic move.

Mario Rui has signed for Napoli.

Cegniz Under has completed his move.

Mahrez is said to have agreed terms with Roma, but the two sides are still a good bit apart on a fee. I’m not all sold on Mahrez, he has a touch of a one year wonder about him and I think he’s a downgrade on Salah. I’d much rather Berardi over him.

Defrel is also said to be very close to Roma.

Defrel and Mahrez would complete the attack for us this season but I don’t think we’re any better there than the previous season.

Midfield should also be fine if we keep as we are right now. Think we will be slightly stronger here, Pellegrini has more to him than Paredes and Gonalons is a good alternative to De Rossi. Hopefully Gerson will develop too and Florenzi could be pushed back into midfield with the signing of Karsdrop.

Defence is a big worry, we have no fit left back, youngster Luca Pellegrini who impressed in pre season at left back has torn his ACL - the sixth ACL a Roma player has torn in 12 months after Rudiger, Mario Rui, Florenzi (x2) and Emerson, we’ll likely not see Emerson back until the new year either and Florenzi and Karsdrop are also not fit now. We’ve lost Rudiger, could lose Manolas now with Juve meant to be circling in order for him to replace Bonucci. The deal for Nastasic looks to be dead, so a left back and centre half needed at the minimum here and something we can’t really look at cheap options either.

Defrel has signed for Roma - €5m loan with €15m obilgation to buy.

Another attacker, a left back and centre back should see our window done provided we don’t sell any others.

Kolarov linked with a move today once City bring in a left back - I’d be pretty happy with that one.

Guardiola has confirmed Kolarov is close to Roma.

It’s apparently a loan with an obligation to buy for €7m. I like Kolarov as a player but he turns 32 before the end of the year. It’s a bit steep and presumably he’ll be given a 2/3 year contract at the end of the season. I suppose he’s only really being signed as short term cover for Emerson so it’s not all bad but it’s typical of Roma’s signing policy of being cheapskates when it comes to important areas.

But he is Lazio scum

Delighted to have him on board.

He’ll have done a reverse Mihajlovic.

€5m deal for Kolarov with a further €1.5m in bonuses should he or Roma meet certain criteria.

3 year deal.

Happy enough with that.