Ashes 2015

OK lads, I accept my fate and duly resign from the board.

297-5. Root just gone. Wood playing a few shots.

Ah donā€™t, youā€™re great craic!

Oh go on then, Iā€™ll come back.

1 Like

England and Wales declared on 391-9. Seems an odd number of wickets down to be declaring on.

Australia absolutely cruising now - 14 with no loss in reply.

England should have batted to 500. Sloppy from them today not to push on.

Australia only 11/2 to win this.

This is a test match of records.

England have broken the record for the fewest letters contained in the surnames of a team - 53.

Ben Stokes has just bowled the one millionth ball in test match cricket in England. David Warner guides it for four to bring Australia to 75/0.

Rogers OUT.

But wait. Itā€™s a NO BALL!

Rogers NOT OUT!

Itā€™s just like the Liverpool managerial saga.

1 Like

No reprieve this time.

Stokes dismisses Rogers and Warner in quick succession.

Marsh just gone. A third for Stokes.

Stuey Broad nails Smith.

What a catch by Stokesy.

136/4.

ā€œWarner is a slow learner - exactly the same shot he hit at Edgbaston.ā€

ā€œA funky field, a funky declaration by Alistair Cook.ā€

Funky commentary by Nasser Hussain.

Broad passes out the great Freddy Trueman to become Englandā€™s 4th best wicket taker.

Oz 224/6

Bad light stops play for the day. Australia 241/7 at stumps. Still another 90 runs required to avoid an innings defeat.

Finely poised now. A wicket a day looks achievable though.

Two years growth unravelled in two weeks. Truly awful dismissal again today. Thatā€™s scores of 7, 8, 5 & 6 at Edgbaston and Trent Bridge for the worldā€™s number 1 ranked batsman.

1 Like

I regret not having the balls to say I didnā€™t rate him when he was creaming the ball all over the place at Lordā€™s. You know when someone crap is riding the crest of a lucky wave. Heā€™s actually weak, gutless, a bit of a pussy, arrogant and totally shit. Gimpy little prick.

Yeah, Iā€™d agree with all that. Never particularly rated him either. With all the focus on Clarke there hasnā€™t been too much focus on how awful Smith has been this series apart from the double century at Lords.

Actually feel a bit for Clarke. Clarke was the top batsman in the world for a good few years, probably the only great of the game in this Australian side and an excellent and brave captain. They keep banging on about a loss of form, but its more a case of a loss of his powers through a long accumulation of persistent back and hamstring injuries. Hope he retires after this Ashes series.